just done the cat & fiddle climb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SimonGalgut

From here

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr...381,-2.121348&spn=0.004454,0.014184&z=17&om=1

up the A537 until you get to the Cat & Fiddle pub.

It's not much of a challenge - it's big chainring all the way. Coming down is much more fun.

bigbaz

For some reason,I decided to time myself up the Cat on the Polka Dot this year,but from the spot where the Weaver Valley TT starts.29 mins....probably need to add 4-5 mins.from Arrighis so similar times I would think.

SimonGalgut

bigbaz said:
For some reason,I decided to time myself up the Cat on the Polka Dot this year,but from the spot where the Weaver Valley TT starts.29 mins....probably need to add 4-5 mins.from Arrighis so similar times I would think.

<assumption>This is the same Bigbaz as C+</assumption>

Are you having a bad year? I would have thought you could do the Cat & Fiddle in about the same time as me going on past performances.

bigbaz

SimonGalgut said:
<assumption>This is the same Bigbaz as C+</assumption>

Are you having a bad year? I would have thought you could do the Cat & Fiddle in about the same time as me going on past performances.

Hi Simon,yes it's me.I wasn't Time-Trialling it cos it was on the Polka Dot & there was a long way to go,just thought I'd see how long it took riding at a brisk tempo.And I'm getting old!:blush:

tempus fugit

I live in Macc and have never done this ride _ probably 'cos it would kill me !!;) Would be great to try it out though , just to see if I can do it ..
Where are the 'official' start and end locations for the timings ? Arighis' to the Cat & Fiddle ?

Smeggers

Yep - pretty sure all the official timings are from Arighis to C&F.

Mine was a dismal 50 minutes again last w/e btw ;) - Although Im chuffed to have made it at all tbh!

Top Bottom