Just finished my latest project. 1920's loop frame Hercules

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Daddybus

Über Member
IMG_20151125_220717.jpg
same logo

OP
OP
shadaboot27

shadaboot27

Looking at the images, this is clearly a 1930s machine. Cream (white) tyres stopped being used on cycles Pre-1920.

I know the tyres don't fit the actual age of the bike. But what makes you think it is 1930's? I know that the saddle and pedals are not original, but the rest is original and the rest of the bike has nickle plating which suggests pre 1930, and the squared mudguards were also only used on pre 30's Hercules bikes. My best guess is very late 20's possibly about 1929.

U

User42423

I know the tyres don't fit the actual age of the bike. But what makes you think it is 1930's? I know that the saddle and pedals are not original, but the rest is original and the rest of the bike has nickle plating which suggests pre 1930, and the squared mudguards were also only used on pre 30's Hercules bikes. My best guess is very late 20's possibly about 1929.

Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm now slightly confused!. Are talking about the machine featured in your original post of 25/Nov?. You show two different set's of images. one before cleaning & one after. Both sets show (what appears to be) a small loop framed cycle. If we talking about the same machine, then this IS a 1930s cycle.

All the bright work (bars, chain-set, brakes, etc) are clearly CHROMED. There is NO NICKEL on this bike what so ever. Plus, every part of this bike 'CRIES" out 30s. The mudguards are typical square section (BSA used this profile from 1931).

U

User42423

Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm now slightly confused!. Are talking about the machine featured in your original post of 25/Nov?. You show two different set's of images. one before cleaning & one after. Both sets show (what appears to be) a small loop framed cycle. If we talking about the same machine, then this IS a 1930s cycle.

All the bright work (bars, chain-set, brakes, etc) are clearly CHROMED. There is NO NICKEL on this bike what so ever. Plus, every part of this bike 'CRIES" out 30s. The mudguards are typical square section (BSA used this profile from 1931).

OP
OP
shadaboot27

shadaboot27

Yes were talking about the same bike. Although it's not small its actually huge. But yes I think your right about it being 1930's

Top Bottom