Just finished the Christmas Pudding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My wife makes the Cake, the Mincemeat and the Pudding every Christmas. All are always excellent.

But I am the only one who really likes the pudding.

Late January and I finished it off at lunchtime today.

We still have about a quarter of a Christmas Cake left, but that's about par.

Anyone else still getting through the left-overs from the Big Day?

Just the Christmas Cake... about 1/3 left but that won't last more than another 2 weeks or so...

(EDIT: homemade of course... )

Hotblack Desiato

Nah, finished it all ages ago. We are members of Scrooge Militant and don't buy loadsa stuff.
Except alcohol and that's all gone too..

citybabe

Keep Calm and OMG.......CAKES!!
We finished off the Christmas pud just a few nights ago. MIL had made a plum pudding for the first time in ages and it was marvellous.

Still have two thirds of the pud left and a very cold duck. Being as it is looking more like Christmas should look like outside there is a very good chance that very soon it will be consumed. I have been saving it as an excuse in case Poacher of this forum turns up on my doorstep with a hare in his hand as he did recently just before a forum ride, leaving dr_pink nonplussed to say the least. It is the one photograph I dearly wish I had taken.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I haven't started the Christmas Pud yet. Its in the cupboard awaiting my return to cycling so I can go for a longish ride so I can justify having some.
Christmas cake long gone, we didn't have turkey so no bloomin' left overs there. Only 3 biccies left too.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Last of my pud this morning fried with some bacon - my Dad always used to do it, so I follow suit it out of misplaced nostalgia and tradition.
It's not as bad as it sounds but a once-a-year treat is plenty!

Night Train

Maker of Things
I still have a pud left over.:hungry:

Must :mrpig: soon.

OP
OP
Boris Bajic

Boris Bajic

Used the Turkey Stock last week for soup. It was way too carroty... Disappointing.

A good idea for leftover pudding is Christmas Pudding Ice Cream.

gbb

Legendary Member
My wife makes the Cake, the Mincemeat and the Pudding every Christmas. All are always excellent.

But I am the only one who really likes the pudding.

Late January and I finished it off at lunchtime today.

We still have about a quarter of a Christmas Cake left, but that's about par.

Anyone else still getting through the left-overs from the Big Day?
Ive come to the conclusion that we need'nt buy christmas pud anymore, the wife bakes a fabulous christmas cake, with no small measure of brandy soaked in afterwards. I had some last week, slightly warmed in the microwave, with single cream...every bit as good, if not better than pudding.
Still got a bit of cake to go...

Top Bottom