Just got a puncture managed to get home...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Old timer

Über Member
by using a Zefal small can of sealant and pumping the tyre up.

didn`t seem to comeout with much force. I don`t really want to load my tubes up with slime.

Is there another small can/aerosol for carrying in the saddle bag for times like today for use only when needed?( this was a normal tube and tyre)

bad boy

Über Member
Hi Oldtimer

I have a can of that never used it, did it work ??.

OP
OP
Old timer

Old timer

Über Member
bad boy said:
Hi Oldtimer

I have a can of that never used it, did it work ??.

Well, it got me home 3 miles(that could have been me pumping the tyre up), wasn`t convinced how it came out of the can(like a white foam) 30 mins after arriving home the tyre is as flat as a pancake. So! not really.
I`ve ordered a couple of the slime protectors that you put in between the tyre and the tube and I`ve ordered a couple of slime filled tubes.

I have a big problem around here with flint on the road and thorns.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Dave mate, what are you doing, I think you've now exceeded my entire families puncture quota for the last year:ohmy: Are you staying well out from the edges? that can make a difference. I reckon that's where most of the kids ones come from.

OP
OP
Old timer

Old timer

Über Member
MacB said:
Dave mate, what are you doing, I think you've now exceeded my entire families puncture quota for the last year:ohmy: Are you staying well out from the edges? that can make a difference. I reckon that's where most of the kids ones come from.
Mac

Where I live is all narrow country lanes (most with grass and crud down the middle) so I am forced down the car track section. I can`t cycle on normal roads till I get clear of these lanes( 5 miles either way) So, I`m getting some of those slime inserts for this bike as I fitted to my wifes.

The Electric Powertrek hasn`t had a punture on the Marathons since that first day. I must have just been unlucky with those but they look like they have solved the problem on that bike.

I won`t be beaten:biggrin: even if I design and fit something of my own making inside the tyre and as a last resort I`ll run with solid tyres but I`m not giving up my cycling for anything:evil:

Those bar ends are the dogs private parts Mac

OP
OP
Old timer

Old timer

Über Member
Tynan said:
spare tube?

Spare tube is fine as long as the puncture is not on either of my electric hub wheels that are not really a side of the road repair.

I don`t think there is any doubt that for around 5 miles around my house is the mother of all puncture bermuda triangles. The lanes are enclosed with haythorn and blackthorn bushes that are trimmed each year in september and at that time the roads are covered with thorns and then when they clear and it rains all the thorns from the grass verge are washed into the road. Couple that with the fact that North Norfolk is Flint country and you have the scenario:biggrin: All the walls and house facings are of flint:sad:

Top Bottom