Just got myself a bargain right place right time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
DEFENDER01

DEFENDER01

Über Member
That's a stunning bargain you've got there @DEFENDER01, well done. I hope that I can find a bargain like that for Averil upstairs.[/QUOTE]
Pah, you're lucky, batteries for Bosch and Kalkhoff ebikes are up to £700.

Battery longevity comes down to two things, cell quality and use the battery is put to.

You wouldn't expect top quality cells on a battery for a budget Chinese ebike, although they may be branded, so all is not lost there.

As regards use, running high power motors thrashes the cells and shortens their life.

You have a fairly low power motor, so it won't be giving the battery a hard time.

Cells last longer if they are used regularly, and used from close to full rather than close to empty.

Charging after every ride - unless it is literally only a mile or two - is best for battery longevity.

On t'other hand, a full charge stresses the cells, so they are best not left for long periods of time fully charged.

No problems if you use the bike regularly, but were you going to stop using it for a while, the battery should be left part charged - roughly half to three-quarters.
Thanks for that i don't do very long runs and have only had the battery status light light down to 3 { it has 4 }
I have read that a top up only counts as a percentage of a charge cycle and most have a charge cycle of 500 before starting to slowly start dropping off so on that basis should last me a while.;)

I am keeping half an eye out for one, for my upstairs neighbour. She says, now she's turned 70, that riding her Apollo XC26 is getting a bit more like hard work.
That's a stunning bargain you've got there @DEFENDER01, well done. I hope that I can find a bargain like that for Averil upstairs.
Yes that certainly was a bargain i was very lucky finding one that had only been used once so is as new condition.
Its nice to live in a world that has no hills and no headwinds which is what a e cycle brings.:smile:

Top Bottom