Just having a giggle - Charity Rides and 'beginners'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My missus has just been asked to sponsor a colleague for a charity bike ride.

250 miles over 3 days. The event is in 3 months time.

Asked when he last rode a bike, "10 years ago and is borrowing one". Asked if doing training, "yep playing football tonight, then going for a run". He isn't what you would call an athlete !
:laugh:

I keep texting questions to my wife - think she will wind the guy up !

I mentioned 'does he realise he may be spending 10 hours a day in the saddle on three consecutive days'.

He is soo going to be in a world of pain.:whistle: I did mention that perhaps he should be riding a bike very regularly. May have to ask if he's getting those 'padded lycra cycling shorts' !!!

I already feel sorry for the guy ...He just does nt know what's in front of him .. " Brick wall "

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

People like this won't listen. He at least want's to make it partially enjoyable, which means riding a bike as practice !

I can't imagine how much pain he will be in. He has to get his botty used to sitting in the saddle.

My bro can run 10km in less than 40 minutes easily, but get him on a bike, and my (then 11 year old) lad can kick his ar$e.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

At least your missusss(?) money will be safe,.........................or is this sponsor seeker bluffing?

Not bluffing. No-one at my missus work actually cycles - big 'football' followers (armchair). One or two did the three peaks in 24hours a few years back, and a couple have done a marathon (these are occasional runners though) but 80 plus miles a day over 3 days for a beginner (he's not one of the runners) !

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
upload_2014-1-20_15-31-44.jpeg

He's going to need a BIG tub.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
quick everyone buy shares in sudocreme:laugh:

Top Bottom