just installed mudguards...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Robert Blxham said:
Your totally right mate, some of us can’t, but hey thanks for reminding me...

Can't you do the old fashioned thing and save up?
 
hackbike 666 said:
Can't you do the old fashioned thing and save up?

When I’ve got the rest of the family out of the work house and pawned the mother in law’s false teeth I might be able to afford a new bike - just kidding.

Hang on, was’nt this thread supposed to be about mudguards...?
 
Robert Blxham said:
When I’ve got the rest of the family out of the work house and pawned the mother in law’s false teeth I might be able to afford a new bike - just kidding.

Hang on, was’nt this thread supposed to be about mudguards...?

Yeah I went off topic as usual.:biggrin:

Im worried aboutmy bike I took it too the bike shop to be repaired yesterday and haven't heard anything about it since.:biggrin:
 
hackbike 666 said:
Yeah I went off topic as usual.:biggrin:

Im worried aboutmy bike I took it too the bike shop to be repaired yesterday and haven't heard anything about it since.:biggrin:

What parts are you having repaired?, hope it’s not too serious or expensive this side of Christmas!
 
Robert Blxham said:
What parts are you having repaired?, hope it’s not too serious or expensive this side of Christmas!

It is,chainset is knackered but I haven't got any prezzies to buy so Christmas isn't a problem and space is a problem for two bikes.I can just about get round it.
 
hackbike 666 said:
It is,chainset is knackered but I haven't got any prezzies to buy so Christmas isn't a problem and space is a problem for two bikes.I can just about get round it.

Chainset fitting is pretty straightforward with the right tools (and experience), I hope for your sake the knackered chainset has’nt taken the chain and rear sprockets with it, it starts to get a bit dearer then.
 
Robert Blxham said:
Chainset fitting is pretty straightforward with the right tools (and experience), I hope for your sake the knackered chainset has’nt taken the chain and rear sprockets with it, it starts to get a bit dearer then.

No I changed them before hand but I reckon I may be being ripped off.How much is a (good) chainset?

The rear should be ok apart from the derallieur as I changed these before hand.

Haven't been rung up about it yet and I took it in yesterday so im slightly worried.Have to wait till Monday.

Shouldn't have said too much before hand regarding the price but I probably wont take it there again although it is convenient.
 
hackbike 666 said:
No I changed them before hand but I reckon I may be being ripped off.How much is a (good) chainset?

The rear should be ok apart from the derallieur as I changed these before hand.

Haven't been rung up about it yet and I took it in yesterday so im slightly worried.Have to wait till Monday.

Shouldn't have said too much before hand regarding the price but I probably wont take it there again although it is convenient.

New chainset, gotta be 60-70 quid, unless separate rings are available.
 
OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Location
'ampsheeeer
..dont go for an FSA chainset like the cheap on on the Kona Jakes. I really dont like them. In the new year I'm switching to Tiagra triple at the very least. In 1 years riding the FSAs teeth have worn right down. :biggrin:
 
Top Bottom