Just knocked this up today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
(ok, maybe it took a few days, but who's counting...)

it's Warwick Castle, if you're not from round these parts.

WP_20141210_009[1].jpg

Colin_P

Guru
Is it made of cake ?

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Thanks :smile:. It's very metallic and shiny which doesn't show up as well on the photo as it does in real life. I have to wait two weeks before I gloss it, which will really bring it out. Because its so metallic it's got quite a fairytale feel about it.

young Ed

Veteran
WOW! indeed you could make money here, if you are so inclined paint some nice ones up on canvas and take along to local businesses such as cafes to sell. they take so much per one sold but it also looks nice and improves the atmosphere in their shop
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
WOW! indeed you could make money here, if you are so inclined paint some nice ones up on canvas and take along to local businesses such as cafes to sell. they take so much per one sold but it also looks nice and improves the atmosphere in their shop
Cheers Ed
My friend is going to ask her cafe owner friend if I can do that.
So far I've spent (you better sit down for this) about £800 since I started at the end of June. However I now have all my brushes and paints etc (so I'm now only replacing what I use rather than buying from scratch) and in the last month I've made £400 back (I sold some early ones for minimal amount but I sold my leopard for £250. This one will go up for sale and I know if I sold my tiger I would break even bcoz I've been asked to sell it already (but he's not for sale). I'm getting more confident in what I'm doing and also setting some prices that reflect the amount of work that goes into it without frightening the buyer off. So I think this might be one hobby I'm glad I took up. The weird thing is, my tiger only took me around 5 hours yet its the one that everyone wants. I totally did not expect him to turn out as good as he did. Total fluke.

young Ed

Veteran
:ohmy: TBH people will pay a lot for good art so just keep at it and there might be some shiny bits on a new shiny bike before you know it! ;)
well done!
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom