1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Pimped the LBS cycle trailer

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Aint Skeered, 3 Apr 2008.

1. Aint Skeered

Aint Skeered New Member

2005_0801ADCycles0001.jpg

2005_0801ADCycles0003.jpg

I used the chassis of an old trailer and bits and pieces I had laying around the workshop.
    It will take 5 bikes, I am really pleased with the result.
    Hope the LBS is!!

2. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

That is very neat! Well done!:biggrin:

3. Are those louvres? How very hot-rod. Just needs some painted spoke wheels and white-wall pie crusts, a pit of pin-striping......

4. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

:becool:Bling......:biggrin:

5. tdr1nka

tdr1nka Taking the biscuit

Hubba, hubba! I trust it has lo-lo suspension and is under lit with UV lamps!! Oh, and spinny hub caps please!

Very tidy piece of work!

6. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Where do the front wheels go?

7. longers

longers Veteran

Good work :smile:.

8. Aint Skeered

Aint Skeered New Member

Wheel bags in the towing vehicle.
    My brief was to keep it as small and as light as possible, because when it is not in use it will be stored upright resting on it's back end.

9. rikki

rikki Veteran

What are the slots the wheels rest in? How do do they work?

10. Aint Skeered

Aint Skeered New Member

The channels the wheels sit in are ally reinforcing sections used in truck bodys. They resemble a top hat in cross section. The wheels just sit in them to prevent lateral movement, we have used it on roughish terrain and the bikes seem pretty stable, but we might strap the wheels down, just to be on the safe side.

11. rikki

rikki Veteran

neat

12. Aint Skeered

Aint Skeered New Member

Thanks, I really enjoy building stuff like this, no drawings, just making it up as I go along.

13. rikki

rikki Veteran

nice work

I know the design brief was as slim line as possible,

but

now we need a faired trailer with bins for tools and the esky [ice box] and maybe a little work bench and then a canopy to keep the sun or rain off while you work, room for the chairs,

and then a great big 4x4 to tow the monstrosity !!!

No No yours is good. As Colin Chapman [Lotus] said "engineered with added lightness"

14. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

The word 'Impressive' springs to mind, you should be proud of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Monst

Monst New Member

Nice kit. Be good if there were some tie down fixings for a tarp, as without a cover the bikes could get a bit mucky in transport.