Just read "Life"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chilternrides

Keith Richards' story.

Now I'm not particularly a 'Stones fan, but I was intrigued to find out just how you live life as he has, and still survive for so long.

The only conclusion I can draw is that we are doing it all wrong!

Interesting to say the least, and very funny in places too. More than a bit raucous, as can be imagined, and not for the easily offended, it is good entertainment nonetheless (the writing style is a bit odd, but then again, that should be no surprise either!).

I need to seek out anything that the other band members have produced now to see how well the stories match up - a suspect a few discrepancies here and there :biggrin:

PaulB

Legendary Member
I loved it, me. Very illuminating and he pulled no punches at all. Of the autobiographies I read last year, this comes a very close second to the magnificent book from a footballer. Not going to reveal who but the one I read was a superb work, unusually from a footballer of any time, far less expected in the day of the obscenely rich player now.

aberal

Guru
I'm just over half way through it and really enjoying it. Highly amusing in parts and a bit of an eye opener, even if you thought you'd be daft to be surprised by the goings on. You do wonder how his relationship with old rubber lips will go from here.

OP
OP
C

Chilternrides

Of course I won't spoil it for you Aberal, but there are two or three sentences towards the end that had me in tears of laughter (and I do mean genuinely in tears - the sort where you laugh, calm down, the image re-enters your head, and the helpless giggling starts again) it sums up the love-hate stuff that goes on throughout the story brilliantly.

It involves an animal - Let me know if you spot 'em :thumbsup:

Seigi

Sounds good, although I'm not a rolling stones fan I may consider picking it up, I've always been a fan of...less than normal autobiographies, shall I say. One I really enjoyed (And couldn't get enough of) was Marilyn Manson's, "The Long Hard Road Out of Hell", autobiography, was full of explicit stories, betrayal and down right grunge, at times it was quite depressing but a very enjoyable read. Just recently it's been announced he's allowed someone to do an 'official biography' on him (As previously there was only 'unofficial' biographies about him besides his own autobiography).

Top Bottom