Just ridden the dream bike. Anybody got £7000 to spare?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

russ.will

Slimboy Fat
The thing I like about it (and one of the reasons my KTM made me drool) is that viewed from the side, it's composed of straight lines - Plastic or not, it looks like a bike, not something that melted when parked next to a radiator. Being an aesthetic preference, born of being a child in the 70s and 80s, it's a purely personal judgement, so I can't be wrong!

Russell

Bianchi boy

Über Member
:dance:

outlash

also available in orange
Not sure how 'the very best bike you can buy' will handle off road but if someone wants to lend me one, I'll report back with the findings.

simon.r

Person
...would have a 7k bike in a flash now if i could..there just sheer works of Art that you can use..

That's not as daft as it sounds, it's just a matter of taste. I'm not in the market for an art-work that costs £7k, but if I was I'd get more pleasure from looking at a beautiful bike than looking at a £7k painting or sculpture.

How about the wheels? 39 spokes across them both? Don't you normally lace your rear wheel alone with more than that? :okay:
Yeah, but those spokes are made from vacuum-degassed thin-film grapheme-impregnated unobtanium and therefore defy the laws of physics and common sense. The pentagram pattern on the rear wheel was designed by NASA and found to be the optimum configuration for Hubble telescope focus rings. In wind tunnel testing the wheels displayed negative air drag characteristics and created a helicopter effect that actually boosted the output under most wind conditions. Hence the upgraded brakes with black heat-radiating finish. What's there not to like?

Yeah, but those spokes are made from vacuum-degassed thin-film grapheme-impregnated unobtanium and therefore defy the laws of physics and common sense. The pentagram pattern on the rear wheel was designed by NASA and found to be the optimum configuration for Hubble telescope focus rings. In wind tunnel testing the wheels displayed negative air drag characteristics and created a helicopter effect that actually boosted the output under most wind conditions. Hence the upgraded brakes with black heat-radiating finish. What's there not to like?
£7k and no wheel, pedal and front and back reflectors! For gods sake!

Full Campag, internal cabling, internal everything, TA fork (?), 'lectric shifting (?), what's there not to like?

Electric shifting. For me cycling is about doing away with electronics, motors and other rubbish. Once you start introducing electrical or auto mechanical components then the bicycle is no longer a proper bicycle. It becomes something between a bicycle and a motorcycle which defeats the purpose. The only exceptions are performance monitors.

I have also been told by a colleague who has a bike with internal cabling that internals are a bit rattly. Maybe its just the set up of his particular bike but never ridden one myself.

Electric shifting. For me cycling is about doing away with electronics, motors and other rubbish. Once you start introducing electrical or auto mechanical components then the bicycle is no longer a proper bicycle. It becomes something between a bicycle and a motorcycle which defeats the purpose. The only exceptions are performance monitors.

I have also been told by a colleague who has a bike with internal cabling that internals are a bit rattly. Maybe its just the set up of his particular bike but never ridden one myself.

Once you've seen Shimano's brilliant internal cable anti-rattle gadgets you'll eat your helmet. It is brilliant.

I get your point about electronic stuff and I agree with you and @winjim on the simplicity of mechanical bikes. I collect mechanical wrist watches but my everyday watch is a Casio with a battery. Without a future there cannot be nostalgia.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Once you've seen Shimano's brilliant internal cable anti-rattle gadgets you'll eat your helmet. It is brilliant.

I get your point about electronic stuff and I agree with you and @winjim on the simplicity of mechanical bikes. I collect mechanical wrist watches but my everyday watch is a Casio with a battery. Without a future there cannot be nostalgia.
People still wear wristwatches?

Top Bottom