Just seen this car on the way home

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Driving home I spotted this. Obviously I got out to take these photos. A few questions. Will it be high insurance? Will it be a 'gas guzzler'? Are they quite powerful? Is it worth £3995? 🤔

1648145645238.png

1648145704114.png

1648145761972.png

1648145821036.png

1648145879325.png

1648145932863.png

Last edited:

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Chain looking a bit slack.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Not looking too good Accy. Might make a nice mobile barbecue though :

MotorBiscuit
MENU
Home /Sedans & Coupes/Coupes
Avoid These Mini Cooper Model Years if You Want a Good Car
by Desiree HomerUpdated onMarch 2, 2022Published onMay 16, 2021
If you have the Mini Cooper on your mind, you’re not alone. This popular model continues to impress with its fuel economy ratings, compact size, stylish personality, and super-quick dynamics. Over the decades, the Mini Cooper has also been reliable and adaptable based on consumer preferences. However, before you buy, especially if you’re considering a used model, there are a few Mini Cooper years to avoid. For anyone serious about buying a reliable car, steer clear of these Mini Cooper models.

These are the Mini Cooper model years to avoid

Mini Cooper years to avoid include the pictured 2011 Mini Cooper S Countryman driving in snow
2011 Mini Cooper S Countryman | TIMOTHY A. CLARY/AFP via Getty Images
CoPilot highlights some of the worst model years for the Mini Cooper Countryman, including 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 models. The team cites many of the problems with the 2010-2013 Mini Cooper Countryman are about safety hazards, like fires and engine failures. However, those aren’t the only Mini Coopers to avoid.

Consumer Reports surveys indicate many different types of Mini Cooper models displayed issues across a broader timeline. Some of the lowest predicted reliability scores suggest 2006 to 2012 model years are the worst years for the Mini Cooper. To be safe, you’d be wise to avoid models in the early 2000s too, where problematic models were noted.

I'm sure the motor trader says it's a pristine example, owned by a little old lady who only used it for going to church. Hymn book still in the glove compartment.
:laugh:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

MotorBiscuit
MENU
If you have the Mini Cooper on your mind, you’re not alone. This popular model continues to impress with its fuel economy ratings, compact size, stylish personality, and super-quick dynamics. Over the decades, the Mini Cooper has also been reliable and adaptable based on consumer preferences. However, before you buy, especially if you’re considering a used model, there are a few Mini Cooper years to avoid. For anyone serious about buying a reliable car, steer clear of these Mini Cooper models.

Mini Cooper years to avoid include the pictured 2011 Mini Cooper S Countryman driving in snow
CoPilot highlights some of the worst model years for the Mini Cooper Countryman, including 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 models. The team cites many of the problems with the 2010-2013 Mini Cooper Countryman are about safety hazards, like fires and engine failures. However, those aren’t the only Mini Coopers to avoid.

Consumer Reports surveys indicate many different types of Mini Cooper models displayed issues across a broader timeline. Some of the lowest predicted reliability scores suggest 2006 to 2012 model years are the worst years for the Mini Cooper. To be safe, you’d be wise to avoid models in the early 2000s too, where problematic models were noted.

I'm sure the motor trader says it's a pristine example, owned by a little old lady who only used it for going to church. Hymn book still in the glove compartment.
So best to avoid it @Cycleops? 🤔

CharlesF

Guru

MotorBiscuit
MENU

Not sure your review applies as the Countryman is a different beast to the hatchback.

Put the money towards your new choppers, joking aside my lad has '65 plate Cooper S and they are good fun but harsh.

His has been remapped to around 250 brake and 400 torques, insurance is £2,200 but he's only 23 and it's his first car.

I wouldn't want one as a daily driver.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Put the money towards your new choppers, joking aside my lad has '65 plate Cooper S and they are good fun but harsh.

His has been remapped to around 250 brake and 400 torques, insurance is £2,200 but he's only 23 and it's his first car.

I wouldn't want one as a daily driver.
I was just taken in by that lovely blue colour and those nice white wheels!!:okay:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Avoid it is my advice. They are money pits and prone to all sorts of problems. My son in law has a 2012 reg Cooper and he is for ever having things done to it.
My daughter also has one , 2019 reg but it is costing her lots on fuel as they are very thirsty, although reliable so far.

Top Bottom