Just three to go...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My rock band, The Rock n Roll Outlaws, is doing its final gig at the Tavistock Wharf on New Year's Eve. Between now and then, just two other gigs, one tonight and one next Saturday. Nearly 12 years blasting out classic rock, I shall miss it.
My ears won't, I wear hearing aids due to sound damage, a lot of it done in the days before decent protection was available.
But playing quiet jazzy stuff just won't be the same...
For tonight:
RRRRRRRROCK!

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Enjoy :thumbsup:

:biggrin:
Used plugs or in-ear monitors for years. Once the damage is done, it's done. I also need to stop carting loads of heavy gear about, and maybe even get a smaller car. A rig which weighs just south of 20lbs doesn't need an E Class Merc estate...
And even as well qualified for the job as I am, most bands would simply say, "Too old, mate, sorry..."
So other avenues must be explored, hence the quiet jazz standards. Even that should really be done on upright bass, but the knackered shoulder has eliminated that possibility.

classic33

Leg End Member
:biggrin:
Used plugs or in-ear monitors for years. Once the damage is done, it's done. I also need to stop carting loads of heavy gear about, and maybe even get a smaller car. A rig which weighs just south of 20lbs doesn't need an E Class Merc estate...
And even as well qualified for the job as I am, most bands would simply say, "Too old, mate, sorry..."
So other avenues must be explored, hence the quiet jazz standards. Even that should really be done on upright bass, but the knackered shoulder has eliminated that possibility.
Go Country!

Levo-Lon

Guru
My rock band, The Rock n Roll Outlaws, is doing its final gig at the Tavistock Wharf on New Year's Eve. Between now and then, just two other gigs, one tonight and one next Saturday. Nearly 12 years blasting out classic rock, I shall miss it.
My ears won't, I wear hearing aids due to sound damage, a lot of it done in the days before decent protection was available.
For tonight:
RRRRRRRROCK!

Lady at works other half is a Drummer in a local band.
He 63 and as deaf as a post :laugh:,goes with territory i think.

gbb

Legendary Member
Enjoy Baseman, there's nothing better than listening to live music, something I've never done anything like enough of.
Must ask my 13 YO grandaughter if they wear hearing protection at school, she plays bass too.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
For tonight:
RRRRRRRROCK!
Have fun!
@DCBassman - I'll be in Okehampton from 24th to the 28th so I'll miss your gigs.:sad:

Last edited:
Top Bottom