just witnessed a nearly horrific incident.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

betty swollocks

large member
but still pretty shocking.
Exiting off a roundabout on my bike, I was overtaken by a silver grey Mercedes at great speed, which then tried to avoid a young mother with child in buggy who was crossing the road. It didn't make it, it ran over the front wheels of the buggy and sped off. Being just behind, I was witness to this and was able to get the reg number and enter it into my mobile.
The mother was very shaken, but the child was unharmed and unfazed.
It happened just outside the local Police Station, so we immediately went and reported the incident and I was very happy to be a witness.
I hope they catch up with this driver and ban them for life - the bastard.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
twunt. well done betty ;)

If you got the reg plate that will be a great help. I hope the police take action as the driver has committed an offence and is in big trouble!

I was once hit by a car while cycling and there were no witnesses (in the middle of rush hour, yeah right...) so the driver got off scott free. As a result I am always willing to help as a witness if I can and you did the right thing there.

Pete

Driving as atrocious as this, makes me think that this may well be a stolen car - and the police may well find it smashed up and abandoned further up the road, the culprits having done a runner. If this is the case, let's hope they catch and nail them all the same...

Bigtallfatbloke

and was able to get the reg number and enter it into my mobile.

...Most excellent!! Well done for being so on the ball. Scum like deserve to face the full force of the law...particulary because 'it' didnt even have th eguts to stop. A child s life is the most precious thing on earth, how can people like that live with themselves?

Glad eveyone was ok. I hope they catch the driver and string him up by his undersized bollocks.

Big Bren

Pete said:
Driving as atrocious as this, makes me think that this may well be a stolen car

I wish it made me think that. Sadly though, it just looks like another example of the type of driving I see every day.

Well done on helping out though, and good news that everyone was ok.

Bren

Arch

Married to Night Train
Alas, with a guy who hit and ran and killed a kid up here (Somewhere in the Look North region), getting something like 5 months in prison yesterday, I suspect merely clipping a buggy gets you a medal and tea with the mayor..;)

But well done on being quick witted anyway Betty - it may prove crucial. Hope they are banged to rights...

Keith Oates

Janner
It would be nice to know if the driver is ever caught and punished, hopefully Betty, you'll be advised if this happens and can report it on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe

Über Member
Hit and run is so low. Well done on getting the plate though :ohmy:
I was going to make a thread on this but there's nothing to discuss as such, and I just wanted to write it out, so I'll stick it in here.
My uncle had a pretty serious motorbike accident yesterday and the car that caused it didn't even stop.;)
The car was overtaking and then pulled back into the lane without looking/seeing the motorbike. I'm not sure exactly what happened next but he's pretty beat up by the sounds of it (I haven't visited yet - and probably won't for a few days as he's dosed up on morphine, and has more surgery to go to).
Really mashed up his knee (completely shattered knee cap), dislocated thumbs, broken both arms, cuts and bruises. Sounds pretty grim:sad:
Luckily a doctor was driving past as it happened and he stopped to help initially. And then the paramedics were quick to arrive, thankfully. It's going to be a long painful recovery by the sounds of it but it could have been alot worse I suppose.
It's one thing to cause an accident but to drive off is ****ing outrageous and I hope they find and punish the driver:angry:

As a slight aside...this happened at 40mph and with way more protection than lycra shorts and a bike helmet, so be careful on those descents where you can reach these sorts of speeds!

Top Bottom