Just wondering?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Hi,

I'm wondering where this was moved? https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/masks-on-trains.280582/ When I click on the Moved Thread notification I get:-

Oops! We ran into some problems.
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

I know that some on the thread were arguing in circles and I'd rather hoped it would stop so I'm guessing that's why it got moved. I did get the advice and info I was seeking so no worries here.

Just wondering where it all went.

Thanks

I remember seeing the thread (don't think I contributed) but get the same result as you on that link.

I guess as dogtrousers says it was deemed to have gotten heated or political.

Sometimes stuff just disappears - whole screeds of it, not even moved into the warm embrace of the NACAs family.

in fact before long even mentioning that that place exists will be against the rules.

ssh

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Mod Note:

Just wondering where it all went.
Lots of posts were not suitable for a forum aimed at family viewing, as per @Shaun, CC's owner wishes.
Harry came, disappearendum the whole thread ^_^

Sometimes stuff just disappears - whole screeds of it, not even moved into the warm embrace of the NACAs family.
Stuff can't get moved to the NACA forum, because it's separate from CC.
A new discussion must be started in NACA, sorry.

I remember seeing the thread (don't think I contributed) but get the same result as you on that link.
I guess as dogtrousers says it was deemed to have gotten heated or political.
In fact before long even mentioning that that place exists will be against the rules.

Is that why the recent NACA/NCAP thread also vanished into the ether?

Is that why the recent NACA/NCAP thread also vanished into the ether?
i noticed that - maybe it's all a conspiracy to break minds and reduce us to mush for some evil plan - derived from that old stasi technique of breaking into people's homes and rearranging stuff - removing the odd small item - "was sure i left the teapot there", "was sure i had a teapot", "seem to remember saying/posting that" - where the hell is it? - play spookey cold-war music.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPb5tvcEYCQ

Or it could be because someone mentioned you know what, the great unmentionable.

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The first rule of NACA club is - you do not talk about NACA club
….unless you are in it.

Now even the latest frequent Halfords bashing thread falls foul of the discord rules, even though there was nothing about News, Current Affairs or Politics in it.

Baby and bathwater come to mind, and I look forward to those peaceful debates over disc brakes vs rim brakes on road bikes and optimum bike lubrication practices where all will be peace and love :angel:

Now even the latest frequent Halfords bashing thread falls foul of the discord rules, even though there was nothing about News, Current Affairs or Politics in it.

Baby and bathwater come to mind, and I look forward to those peaceful debates over disc brakes vs rim brakes on road bikes and optimum bike lubrication practices where all will be peace and love :angel:
mind boggling at how a halfords thread could go political.
never saw it.
(I must admit to often finding the demonisation of halfords somewhat odd - I used to know someone - deceased - who was wont to rage against them as if I would wander in for a bike bit/set of nice spanners and be strongarmed into buying a planet-destroying car before being let out the doors onto my bike/bus)

mind boggling at how a halfords thread could go political.
never saw it.
(I must admit to often finding the demonisation of halfords somewhat odd - I used to know someone - deceased - who was wont to rage against them as if I would wander in for a bike bit/set of nice spanners and be strongarmed into buying a planet-destroying car before being let out the doors onto my bike/bus)
It didn't. There was just a bit of disagreement that wasn't specifically about bikes, but about the definition of greed wrt costs and charges.

Top Bottom