Just Wondering.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robbiep

Über Member
Apologies I'm hogging the Forum today, need to get it all off my chest.....

We are on our way Sept 1st for our JOGLE ride, 9 dayer (hopefully!!) staying in B & B's. Our team of 3 (easy going) is a team of 2 (still easy going!) as of this morning, one a strong rider (he's a machine) the other (me) not as strong. the 3rd rider complemented the team well and it's unfortunate he can't make it.

I was wondering if anybody else out there has the same/similar dates that would like join us for some/all of the ride. It's a one in a million but there may be a team with a similar issue, if so it'd be great to hear from you. Plan to stop every 20 miles or so with some sit down lunch at some point. Route is being finalised but we're of the mind to avoid the major roads where possible with the route around 900 miles (can't contemplate a day of well over 100 miles!!)

If you don't ask you don't know................

Barbelier

Apologies I'm hogging the Forum today, need to get it all off my chest.....

We are on our way Sept 1st for our JOGLE ride, 9 dayer (hopefully!!) staying in B & B's. Our team of 3 (easy going) is a team of 2 (still easy going!) as of this morning, one a strong rider (he's a machine) the other (me) not as strong. the 3rd rider complemented the team well and it's unfortunate he can't make it.

I was wondering if anybody else out there has the same/similar dates that would like join us for some/all of the ride. It's a one in a million but there may be a team with a similar issue, if so it'd be great to hear from you. Plan to stop every 20 miles or so with some sit down lunch at some point. Route is being finalised but we're of the mind to avoid the major roads where possible with the route around 900 miles (can't contemplate a day of well over 100 miles!!)

If you don't ask you don't know................

Robbie
I would think about joining you but I want to take 14 days to do the trip (my route is circa 1100 miles) to make the most of it and do some sight seeing. Also I leave a bit later on 9th September.

When I first had this crazy idea, I had two mates who were really keen on joining me and who came out training with me. Gradually over time their enthusiasm has diminished and for various reasons they can no longer come along. My wife had the same experience when she decided to do the London Marathon a few years back. Lots of people said they would join her, but in the end she ended up doing it by herself. Seems to me more than half the challenge of doing LEJOG/JOGLE is the amount of commitment needed and just getting to the start line!

I am really happy about going it alone now, since I have total freedom to go where and when I want and I am looking forward to meeting lots of new people along the way.

I wish you the very best of luck and admire your plan to do it in 9 days!

OP
OP
R

robbiep

Über Member
Thats's cool Barbelier, thanks for the interest. It does seem a common problem of dwindling numbers, maybe they know more than us!! :blink:

The very best of luck to you on your trip, you may pass me in the gutter!

I'm just gonna write to you on the 'new shorts' thread.......

Top Bottom