K377 Evp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
had a bit of a moment did you?

Have a cuppa, and a biscuit, and tell us about it...

sheddy

Legendary Member
However that DVLA link also requires the make of vehicle. I seem to remember that the RAC have a similar page but I cannot find it.

In addition, is it possible to check somewhere if a vehicle is insured ?

It comes up negative on the RAC vehicle checker it could be false. What happened Jacomus? Must have been pretty bad to get you this annoyed!

Globalti

Legendary Member
You've seen my post on this.... ring the non-emergency number for the Police and report the idiot.. or idiotess. They will log it and stop the driver for a chat next time he's seen by a car with ANPR.

Pete

The police will ask for a colour: can you at least remember that? It seems that the RAC search, formerly free, now requires a £5 fee. I don't see why you can't pump the number into the DVLA search engine, feeding in different likely car makes, until you get a match...

So - care to fill us in on the happening, J?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yeah J, are you alright? I have to head off now, but I expect there will be listening ears here all evening...

Rigid Raider said:
You've seen my post on this.... ring the non-emergency number for the Police and report the idiot.. or idiotess. They will log it and stop the driver for a chat next time he's seen by a car with ANPR.
Done this before and Plod paid them a visit. They denied all knowledge of damn near killing myself and Bags but hey, a visit from Plod is a visit from Plod. Plod also visited Stagecoach about a complaint I copied them in on. :biggrin:
Hope you're ok matey.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
J-r-G, REPORT IT NOW !!!!

Insurance can be checked HERE

K377 EVP IS NOT ON THE DATABASE
sheddy said:
However that DVLA link also requires the make of vehicle. I seem to remember that the RAC have a similar page but I cannot find it.

In addition, is it possible to check somewhere if a vehicle is insured ?

OP
OP
Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen

Hi guys, apologies for the delay, I was called away rather urgently and wasn't able to elaborate.

The stain in quiestion was a red Nissan Micra who decided that my open palmed "what was that" gesture at the BMW that had just overtaken me way too close, whilst the other side of the road was completely clear, should be accounted for.

They skimmed me, and I mean actually touched me, and I braked and swerved in at the curb. They actually hit the curb, so if I hadn't jammed on the brakes (on the wet, greasy, potentially icy road) they would actually have squashed me.

The cretin at the wheel then stuck two fingers up, and they zoomed off.

Needless to say it was reported, via 999, as I considered it an attempt on my life. So thats good. Someone just tried to kill me and they will "tell cars in the area to look out for the vehicle". Great. Thats good then.

I reported it on paper at the station when I got there, and confidently expect my "Surrey Police have decided not to get off their asses and do anything about your "complaint", better luck next time, as long as you aren't dead" letter to arrive in a couple of weeks.

Damnit, if I had caught that guy, I would have been prosecuted for GBH. 'twould be worth it to see what his face looked like just before I slammed it in his car door.

Glad to hear you're ok JrG (although your OP suggested that you weren't actually squished). As myself and others on here have said, Plod do take action, so have faith. Do follow up the report though and ask what is being done.

In the meantime, pop into the Tea thread and have a cuppa.

Did you get the number right JRG? The DVLA dbase returns nothing for that make and number. Which means plod won't find it either.

Top Bottom