Kansi 2twenty ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Didn't they do a safety recall?

OP
OP
XC26

XC26

I believe there was a safety recall shortly after the bikes hit the market. I've recently read somewhere on the internet that it was caused by the frame clamp inadvertently being pulled open while the bike was in use and that a locking button was introduced as a fix. Certainly the bikes were pulled from the shelves for a while and then reappeared a few years ago. Does anyone know the exact details?

rowan 46

Über Member
I believe there was a safety recall shortly after the bikes hit the market. I've recently read somewhere on the internet that it was caused by the frame clamp inadvertently being pulled open while the bike was in use and that a locking button was introduced as a fix. Certainly the bikes were pulled from the shelves for a while and then reappeared a few years ago. Does anyone know the exact details?
the manufacturer said that it was a frame issue but not a hinge problem; which is worrying as my partner rides one and it strikes me a hinge problem would be an easier fix http://www.bikeforums.net/recall-announcements/750273-kansi-bike-recall.html. I have ridden it a couple of times and it's a nicer ride than a mezzo, the folds is simpler but not as compact when folded

Top Bottom