Karaoke

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Admit it, we've all done it, but not sober, surely. Not willingly! :biggrin: :sad:

I've done it twice, pi$$ed ,naturally, on both occasions:

Living on a Prayer and I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

If I get a drunken chance again (to 'sing' as well, not just get drunk :biggrin:) I'd like to give Five Hundred Miles a go!

What do you want to confess doing? :biggrin:

SamNichols

There's a proper karaoke bar in china town, to which a few of my friends go. I won't do it I'm afraid, after a very bad experience singing the themetune to Rawhide when I was 17. Makes me feel very self-conscious.

Melvil

Aye, Five hundred miles is great!

However, I've only done Karaoke once (was quite hammered)...believe it or not I was soooooooo bad, and I mean terribly terribly atonally 'metal machine music' bad that a group of guys waited for me afer the pub had closed and gave me a swift kicking for offending their musical sensibilities.

It's the kind of thing you don't live down...hence no more karaoke!!!

i've never done it as the songs that i'd 'perform' don't seem to be available, namely "holland 1945" by Neutral Milk Hotel, "can you help me" and/or "wish the world away" by American Music Club or anything from the 'Murmur'/'Reckoning' r.e.m. era.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Hasn't anyone else played singstar? It's a playstation/xbox karaoke and it's the most amazing fun ever. You split into teams, each team gets a mike and then basically you sing into it and the programme scores you against the other singer.

It sounds awful but it's seriously fantastic. The husband flatly refused to sing EVER at the start, but slowly got lured into trying it and now thinks he's the next Frank Sinatra - to be serious, the change in his confidence is wonderful to see.

My favourite Karaoke numbers therefore are Dolly and "9 to 5", Belinda Carlisle and "Heaven is a place on Earth" and probably Dusty's "Son of a preacher man".

If we have a Cyclechat meeting next summer, I'm bringing singstar!

Big Bren

Cathryn said:
My favourite Karaoke numbers therefore are Dolly and "9 to 5"

Respect, as they say, is due.

I wouldn't really have entertained Karaoke or any other public singing until I had kids; now, we sing together all the time and it's great fun. I also like to sing out loud in supermarkets and other crowded places, just to embarass them. Works even better if accompanied by some funky Dad moves.

mondobongo

Über Member
Not done it for years, also sang Livin on a Prayer previous staff party we did Steppenwolf's Born to be Wild. Always wanted to have a crack at the Boys are Back in Town but the other guy who I used to attempt to sing with thought it would be too much.

Top Bottom