Karma Karma Karma Krama chameleon.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

got-to-get-fit

I Have just agreed to sell my house for the asking price, which is pretty good going at the moment as most houses are not even shifting these days.

The house im going to buy is up for 316k i have offered 300k cos i know the bloke is desperate to move and has had his gaff on the market for 6 month.

The estate agent says he is not happy but he will think it over and give an answer in the morning .......she then said he may come back and say "meet me half way 302,500"

As i have the upper hand im tempted to say its 300k or im pulling out.

I discussed this with my mum and she reckons i should give him the 302,500 otherwise im just being greedy ....she reckons Bad Karma will come back to me for being greedy...............i told her that was rubbish and that its just business but now im having doubts........!

Do you all believe in Bad Karma and do you think i should increase my offer or stick to my big fat greedy guns?

sheddy

Legendary Member
I dunno, do you like Culture Club ?

Trillian

see what he says.

you do hold more cards based on being able to move as soon as since you've sold yours.

Offer him £295,000 then he will be pleased to get £300.

It is usual to try for a 5% or there abouts discount.

Dont count your chickens on your sale until the contract is exchanged.

A common "scam" that is legal but not very fair is that the buyer will get the electrics tested. The report WILL say the house is not up to current standards and so is dangerous and that the work will cost £1,500. Buyer often gets this knocked off the price usually at the last minute when all the wheels are in motion.

Problem is that all houses older than one year will not be up to regulations as they recently changed. To cover his back the spark can only say it is not right and needs to be fixed. Buyer will not get the work done when he moves in as it is no worse than his old house and is up by £1,500 on the deal.

Dave5N

Über Member
The house is only worth what he can get for it. Offer him £295,000. If he rejects it, up it to £300,000

People go nuts paying too much because such vast amounts don't seem real.

I know people who will happily pay £25K over the odds yet will argue over their change from a fiver in the pub.

ChrisKH

Guru
He's probably trying to clear 2.5% estate agents fees to get £295k net. Offer him a cash in your hand incentive of £1,000 if he sells for £299k.

Top Bottom