Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Long story short; My sister stole 100,000 quid from me by wheeling my very ill mother down to the solicitors and having her change her will a couple of weeks before she died. My mum could barely write her name at the time, let alone comprehend my sisters manipulation, due to her brain tumor. I was really gutted about it, depressed and angry, until a good friend of mine sat me down and convinced me to let it go. He had been in a similar situation and the anger nearly destroyed him. So I did let it go, got this job in York and Ive honestly never been happier.

In the two years since, my sister has lost her job, as has her partner, spent weeks in the local mental health unit due to depression and has lost custody of my 11yr old nephew. She took out a mortgage on my mothers house (which was mortgage free when she moved in), cant make the payments and has put it up for sale. It was a really nice house but now no-one is interested in buying it because shes a messy beatch with three cats, two enormous dogs which shed hair everywhere and she and her partner chainsmoke. The house stinks, the garden is full of dog shoot. She is in a deep pit of despair with no way out.

Karma? Dont believe in it.

Karma is just short for 'what goes around comes around', an adage in which I firmly believe. Like you, my beliefs are grounded in experience.

Smeggers

Spread the love dude....

What she did may have been immoral, but she didnt "steal" £100K off you as you never really had it did you?

Perhaps what she needs now is a brother prepared to offer the olive branch and not one to gloat over her misfortunes?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Bugger that. You gloat all you want Mickle....:evil:

Sad story though. What caused the job-loss and mental health stuff? Was it having the money? In which case she really got her comeuppance.

walker

Arch said:
Sad story though. What caused the job-loss and mental health stuff? Was it having the money? In which case she really got her comeuppance.

It must be the coke.........

What with the amount of the stuff being left behind on used notes these days, £100k worth of used notes equals a new habit

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I would have thought that any Solicitor worth their salt would have had a field day disputing the change of will as she was (according to your description) of no fit state of mind or body to undertake it - surely not legally binding.

Still, what's done is done.

Smeggers

"Selling" your sister for 100 grand is about as non-karma as you can get.

Buddhists will be rolling in their graves.

People's character defects catch up with them eventually. Hope you can let it go.

Globalti

Legendary Member
The sister was probably already in a bad way before Mum died, which was what led her to her desperate act of betrayal.

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
Rigid Raider said:
The sister was probably already in a bad way before Mum died, which was what led her to her desperate act of betrayal.

Yeah, actually she was often in a bad space, she spent a lot of time being depressed. It was always either me or mum who bailed her out. Did she weigh up her 'relationship with me, with all the support Ive given her over the years' with 'what she could get for herself by being a manipulative cant'? I think she did.

Top Bottom