1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Karrimor Bar Bag Restraining Wire

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by Danny, 24 Mar 2008.

1. Danny

Danny Legendary Member

I have a much loved Karrimor Bardale bar bag.

Unfortunately, owing to a recent over-tightening incident :?: the restraining wire that helps keeps the bracket in place has been damaged.

Does anyone know where I could get a replacement from, as Karrimor seem to have completely pulled out of doing bike bags? Presumably there is nothing special about the bit of wire, but I am not sure where you would go to get an equivalent piece. Would electrical wire do the trick?

2. rickangus

rickangus Über Member

I also have one of those barbags and have replaced that cable many times over the years.

As a quick fix you can use a length of old brake cable which I think is a little thicker that gear cable - it doesn't actually need to be very strong - and that works just fine.

But if you want to get some 'better' stuff - though I doubt it will make any functional difference - you need to get some "cable rope", preferably plastic coated.

I have in front of me, at this very moment, a fantastic example of such wire, just what I'm looking for in a longer length but can't for the life of me recollect where it came from. A friend suggested Scats and I intend to take a look there this week. If I find some I'll let you know.