Kask Protone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anybody here use one?

I`m thinking of treating myself to a new brainbucket and really like the look of these, just wondering how good they are to use (I know head shaped/sizes come into play etc).

I use a Giro Savant at the moment, and comfort/fit wise it`s great, but too sweaty, 20 mins into a ride and it`s drippingxx( This is the only helmet I`ve had overheat like this so hopefully the problem isn`t me!

Any good/bad points before I go and try one out?

Many thanks

Milzy

Guru
I'd go for a catlike if I was spending money.

vickster

Legendary Member
I'd go for a catlike if I was spending money.
They are a really odd shape, very narrow on the temples from my trials. Quite hard to find in shops to try, I bought one online, cost £6 to return

More vents the better if you want cool, after fit and comfort

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I'm on the cusp between sizes for the Protone so find it hard to get a good fit. But if your head is the right shape and size, they're great - very adjustable. Very light too.

POC Octal is good if you're looking in that price range - phenomenally lightweight and very comfortable.

I'm using a Giro Synthe at the moment, which I find fits me nicely and has very good ventilation.

I also have a Protone too, a replacement for a faulty a Giro Synthe. Liked the Syntthe which was let down by a weak ratchet mechanism but this is better. Not used it in warmer weather though as it was an Autumn buy.

Top Bottom