Kawasaki rider gets his ego dented!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bryony

Veteran
My fiance David and I were outside the flats where we live returning from a bike ride, and a guy pulled up outside on his Kawasaki Ninja. As we were going inside a man walks past and says "nice bikes" and the guy with the motorbike replies "thanks mate" looking all pleased with himself, then the man says back to him and pointing in our direction "I was talking to them!"
Not looking very impressed he put his helmet on, revved his engine and made a quick exit. David then tells me that he was an apprentice at the garage where he works and had a reputation of being a bit of p***k, so it made seeing his ego dented all the more satisfying!
It also made my day having someone admire our modest road bikes, instead of drooling over a motorbike.^_^

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
You forgot to attach a picture of the 2 bikes for our perusal :biggrin:

OP
OP
Bryony

Bryony

Veteran
Pictures for your perusal :bicycle:

David's bike
149_zpsb015f17a.jpg

152_zps6b1ecace.jpg

My bike
154_zps820b4df7.jpg

157_zps36f66730.jpg

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I'm not surprised the man was talking to you - those are very nice bikes ! [drools ...] :thumbsup:

Hope you enjoyed your ride too ! :bicycle:

^_^

OP
OP
Bryony

Bryony

Veteran
Have you got a pic of the motorbike for comparison ? ;)
Unfortunately not :sad:

Linford

The thing about nice cycles is that you very rarely see them chained up anywhere. The owners are (rightly) paranoid about some scrote pinching them....or bits off them. It has stopped me from buying a lock, and TBH limits where I go on it as I don't want temptation put in my way (having had the bike pinched once already). The motorbike is a different prospect though so I'm happy to leave mine with a disk lock in many places....I guess because a cycle is a lot easier to dispose of. and someone pushing a cycle attracts a lot less attention than someone pushing a motorbike...especially if they aren't dressed for the occasion.

Linford

I will add though that a bloke complemented my Kawasaki as he walked past a couple of days ago when I was putting it away...I'm always a bit paranoid when people take notice of it though :sad:

It is a Kawasaki Ninja ;)

1240487_10151812705373704_584862790_n.jpg

If I was on my motorbike and I saw someone on a nice roadie, I'd probably tell them that ...but then I have an interest in nice roadies ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bryony

Bryony

Veteran
I will add though that a bloke complemened my Kawasaki as he walked past a couple of days ago when I was putting it away...I'm always a bit paranoid when people take notice of it though :sad:

It is a Kawasaki Ninja ;)

1240487_10151812705373704_584862790_n.jpg

If I was on my motorbike and I saw someone on a nice roadie, I'd propbably tell them that ...but then I have an interest in nice roadies ;)
That is a nice bike:wub: and much nicer than the one we saw Sunday (it looked liked it had seen better days!) I do have an interest in motorbikes as I've grown up surrounded by them ^_^ and I will certainly admire very nice looking ones :smile:

Top Bottom