Keep on keeping on.😀🚴🏻‍♂️

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rich68

Regular
Today I have rode my bike 3 times..wow:boxing: getting those leg muscles even stronger, and burning off the food/calories. At least 7 miles total. My arse is still tender haha, but buying a new bike and actually enjoying it..that’s all a good feeling. Plus my wife felt a bit left out I think because she wanted a bike, so we got her one, and she rode twice today on her new Huffy cruiser.
I have been in healthcare a long time. Worked with people with mental and physical disabilities for 9 years, and been a Certified nurse aid, or I think a different pronunciation “orderly” since 1986..current occupation. I grew up on a pig farm, so not a stranger to hard work, and am also type 2 diabetic..who smokes, and drinks a pint or 2 on occasion 😂😂🍾🍻. Anyway enough about me, I just wanted to say you all are great, and we all strive in ourselves to cycle in one form or another, and to keep our own passion going, no matter what countries or states were from ,as long as the road takes us..but at the moment with me getting back into moderate cycling, my road is a tad bit short..but I’m getting there.:notworthy:

LJR69

Welcome!

Beware! Cycling is insanely addictive :biggrin:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello and :welcome: to the forum.

Im guessing you’re in the US, we’re mostly Brits on here but we do have quite a few members from across the pond. If the backside doesn’t improve get a pair of padded shorts to ease the discomfort. Have fun.

BewlayBrother

I don't think I've ever heard an american use the Arse word?

I'm with you on the buttock pain, both from the sit bones and the perineum. Messed around with many different "wonder" saddles and padded shorts, moving the seat position and angle but still suffering. Now strongly considering getting a Brooks... after all how can over a hundred years of users be wrong!

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Nice one dude - sounds like you're winning on all fronts :becool:

Also without going out on a massive tangent, have you looked into controlling your diabetes with diet? I've heard many good things :smile:

:hello: from a very soggy corner of deepest, darkest East Anglia.

We've all been through the "hurty botty" phase. :blush: Your backside just needs to get used to doing something that it's not used to doing - it will get better, trust me. But if it keeps hurting, then there are various panaceas to sort that.

boydj

Legendary Member
Well done and stick at it. There have been instances where cycling has helped Type 2 diabetics to lose weight to the point of no longer being diabetic.

Top Bottom