Keeping warm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Old timer

Über Member
Don`t know what the rest of you do but I bought a cheap £2.99 thinish woolen hat and wear it under my helmet, pull the sides down over the ears and away we go.:laugh:

Do you wear some sort of waterproof cover over your helmets when you ride in the rain?

Also, I have some of the cheap rear multi flashing Chinese lights, I`ve started to clip one on my panniers and use it all the time (out in the country where I live)is that being over cautious? and I`ve added a Blackburn multi mirror which works a treat and saves on my old neck.

Starting to learn that things have changed since I was a teenager and now you really do have to ride defensively.

You can get helmet covers - although I personally wouldn't pay the asking price for this one.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products...oogle&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=froogle

I just a buff (double folded ) to give extra protection to the ears and a woolly hat on top.

thegrumpybiker

No such thing as an over cautious cyclist, especially with all the car driving monkeys round my way (North London).
I think Gore used to do a waterproof helmet cover, not sure if they still do it but being Gore it won't be cheap. Shower cap perhaps?
Recently bought myself a Sugoi merino wool peaked cap with ear covers, toasty and stylish. I can't praise merino enough, again not cheap but worth every penny.
I was wearing a thin Icebreaker long sleeved top with a slightly thicker zip up high necked jumper over it a few weeks ago when the heavens opened and it tipped it down.
Got soaked through but my top half still stayed warm. Thanks sheep.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
dhb-merston-sk-cap-med.jpg

Under helmet - Skull cap - bought one similar from Aldi during one of their cycling kit sales, and (in this weather!)/or Buff -

Buff%20bici.jpg

Takes a long time for the rain to get through the skull cap, so that's it .....

Attachments

• dhb-merston-sk-cap-med.jpg
    dhb-merston-sk-cap-med.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 22

rusky

CC Addict
I just wear a buff to cover my neck & mouth + a beanie - freebie from MTB mags so not high quality but don't need anything better.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I wear a skull cap and then a buff, the buff covers my ears, nose, mouth and neck from the cold.

Top Bottom