Ken Ryall Hounslow 1960's road bicycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I want to sell it, do you know where I can do it, and I need to know value for this bike! Tnx! ;)
The only value is in the frame, as for price in that condition you won't get a fortune for it as it seems to require a lot of replacement parts and as others have said it is worth what someone will pay for it. If it was complete and requiring just restoration it would be worth a lot more but in its present state 'offers over £50' seems about right to me, somebody could re-build it into a bike worth a couple of hundred pounds but they'd probably spend £300- £400 doing it.
FWIW I have been given better frames for nothing (a 531 Worksop built 'high end' Raleigh) and only paid £50 for a handbuilt Reynolds 653 frame (much newer and even lighter) Shame you do not plan on restoring it yourself.

ChrisEyles

Guru
Don't know if it's just me, but I love that colour scheme on the frame. OP, if you think you might use the bike and have (or are prepared to research) the know-how to do it up nicely, this may be a better long-term option that getting a fistfull of dollars for the frame (I agree it is probably not worth a great deal in its current state)? You can get some very helpful advice here on the forum if you go down this route.

Haha, and yes, three and a half restorations in I am learning fast that if you do go down this option you will end up spending more than the bike will be worth at the end! But it will be worth it ;)

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I wouldn't mind it to do up as I live in the borough of Hounslow . Don't remember the shop though . Has it travelled far from Hounslow ?

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Might make a nice fix thingy while restoring takes place . Not something I'm in love with though so getting £50 out of me will be tough !

I just found a website that said that he bought in frames which he badged under his own name and sold in his shop. Holdsworth was one of the frame makers I've forgotten the other name.

Top Bottom