Kentmere - the new MTB Mecca?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Went to Kentmere yesterday with our club. Having heard a lot about Wilf's cafe in Staveley I was keen to see the place. After our bad experience at Llandegla a few weeks ago I was not disappointed - got a good cup of coffee within seconds of walking in, just had time to check out the interesting menu. Wilf's is clean, spacious and well managed and surrounded with other interesting stuff; the micro-brewery next door, an organic wine shop and yesterday there was a bike promotion day going with stalls and demo bikes by the big makers. Consequently the place was hoppping and there was a great atmosphere around the cafe.

Best of all though was the riding - I've done Kentmere on bike and on foot many times in previous years but this was an eye-opener. Kentmere has a huge variety of great trails starting from the village, you can do easy stuff nearby of go further into the mountains for the ruffy-tuffy stuff. We did 16 miles including Garburn pass and everybody agreed that the cycling was top quality.

And the best bit? Staveley being a few miles outside Windermere you can access all this without getting stuck in Lakes traffic.

U

User482

Blimey, I remember Wilf's cafe doing the catering at NEMBA races 15 years ago!

Top Bottom