Kestrel Build Begins

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rbreid

rbreid

Old git on old bikes
Flintcatchers
DSCF0521 (450x338).jpg

DSCF0524 (450x338).jpg

Test ride tomorrow :bicycle::smile:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
love that stem and the rest of the bike

Owd Fella

Nice build but are you sure that stem isn't way above the safe limit? It looks very high and stems of that era tended to be short.

OP
OP
rbreid

rbreid

Old git on old bikes
There's just over 2 1/4inch of contact area. That stem is 7 1/4inch in length. Most often that style comes as 6 1/2 inch but there are exceptions. Tend to snap them up when I see them as age has demanded a slight change to riding position. Milremo and GB stems are the easiest to find in the longer length, never seen a Pivo or AVA over 61/2 inch (yet). Got the longer versions of Milremo/GB on 3 of my bikes to date. Still seeking out others though to do the rest

Owd Fella

There's just over 2 1/4inch of contact area. That stem is 7 1/4inch in length. Most often that style comes as 6 1/2 inch but there are exceptions. Tend to snap them up when I see them as age has demanded a slight change to riding position. Milremo and GB stems are the easiest to find in the longer length, never seen a Pivo or AVA over 61/2 inch (yet). Got the longer versions of Milremo/GB on 3 of my bikes to date. Still seeking out others though to do the rest
Should be OK then. I was a bit worried for your safety:thumbsup:

SSmatty

This is mine.
Other end of the build journey from yours.
Similar thoughts though, can't really do a full resto, so will be retro-ish.
Got some reasonably appropriate bars and stem and an original saddle
( not in the pic)
image.jpg

image.jpg

Top Bottom