Keswick Sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
eldudino said:
Did the Keswick Sportive today, 6 passes: Whinlatter, Newlands and Honister, climbed twice each, once from each direction. It was TOUGH! I thought Scotland had some hills but the ones in the Lakes are unreal, really enjoyed it though!

:ohmy: That's quite an achievement - especially in the current heat wave! :wacko:
I had a look at the website and the profiles :laugh:
Something nice to write up for your C+ fan club :ohmy:?

T

scook94

Veteran
eldudino said:
It's called Raphanorexia, a rare and complex disease that revolves around weight-loss and an expensive taste for cycling gear! :becool::tongue:

Haha, I've only just noticed this thread! Yes, I am a Raphanorexic! I'm looking forward to the next time it rains so I can wear my new (pink) waterproof!

1762-04.jpg

On another note (and back on topic), congrats again to Sam for the epic ride this weekend. It's the journey he's made from last year to be able to complete the 6-passes (successfully) that inspired me to shed the pounds and take the cycling seriously.

Although I will admit that I should stop trying to compete with someone 15 years younger than me! After all, LA is only 11 years older than Contador!!!! :ohmy:

scook94

Veteran
bhoyjim said:
I think it would be a good idea to maybe do it as a team, as you say the whippets (and i include Scook in that, as i saw him on Sunday and he's almost anorexic now) could give the plodders (me+Scoosh) a tow for say the first 90 miles or so :becool: it would be the first time i have tackled such a distance so i'll have to get some serious training between now and the event.

I'm more than happy with the idea of doing this together. Perhaps I should look into getting a CC jersey that fits me...

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
scook94 said:
I'm more than happy with the idea of doing this together. Perhaps I should look into getting a CC jersey that fits me...

:smile: Yes HJ mentioned yesterday that your current one is now a wee bit big for you! Is there a market for 2nd hand CC jerseys? :smile: OR are you keeping it as proof? :biggrin:

I think Will has a few spares from the last order, not sure what's in stock at the moment ...

T

scook94

Veteran
Telemark said:
:biggrin: Yes HJ mentioned yesterday that your current one is now a wee bit big for you! Is there a market for 2nd hand CC jerseys? :smile: OR are you keeping it as proof? :smile:

I think Will has a few spares from the last order, not sure what's in stock at the moment ...

T

I don't believe there are any short sleeve mediums left. Wonder if there's anyone who ordered an M and then put on loads of weight and now needs an XL? :biggrin: I could do a swap!

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
scook94 said:
I don't believe there are any short sleeve mediums left. Wonder if there's anyone who ordered an M and then put on loads of weight and now needs an XL? :smile: I could do a swap!

:smile: You'll never know until you put it in the "classifieds" section ...
somebody else might have gone from M to S perhaps? Or bought a medium that's a bit too tight and has put it at the back of their cupboard?

Admin should set up a swap shop for 2nd hand CC clothing :biggrin:

T

Top Bottom