Kettlebells

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boneshaker

Ok so I'm 47, but even so, I've always kept myself pretty fit, weight training running and cycling, etc. :laugh:

Last night, at Helen's instigation, I had a 15 minute session with her nice new set of kettlebells.

Maximum weight was 4kg, which I viewed with contempt, me being such a big macho guy and everything. I suggested that I might need the 24kg set (naive fool that I was). :smile:

The routines are all variations on a squat, so no problems there you might think. Well, all I can say is that I was left shattered and broken. Today, I can't even look at a set of stairs without my bottom lip trembling. :ohmy:

Highly recomended for a really intense workout when you're pushed for time. I'll definately be sticking with it now that I've started. :biggrin:

Anybody else had a go?

Yes I do 3 sets of 50 reps with an 8kg kettlebell (involves lots of swinging <snork>) as part of my toning workout. Bloody hard work!!!

Camron

That is really nice to do a daily workout as it will keep you fit and healthy. Workouts with kettlebell are a good idea as it is nothing but a new variation to your workout, to keep yourself motivated. A good kettlebell workout can work on the muscles in a very different way.

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
TESCO's sell rubber coated kettlebells of up to 8kg for £19.99 IIRC.

Worth taking them to the weediest looking checkout bod and watch them struggle
smile.gif

Fuzzball

I opted for the kettlebells instead of joining the gym again, as i nearly always lose interest after a couple months. I used this excuse to buy a set of workout dvd's (cheaper in the long run) Kettleworx, its a bit cheesey american but it does definately get you working. 3 sessions a week, 20mins with a 3min warm up 3min cool down wrapped around. Sessions are 1 cardio, 1 resistance, 1 abs per week, i find it quite good, and yes i went for extra vids which gives some quicker sessions when you only have 15mins to fit something in.

Garz

Squat Member
Don't do what I did and think I was as tough as in my youth!

I purchased two 20kg bells and to be honest they are too heavy to train most exercises with.
whistling.gif

darkstar

What’s the difference between kettlebells and dumbbells ...yes I know they look different, but in training and use
you can only use dumbbells for specific muscle groups, whilst a kettlebell uses a huge range of stabiliser muscles. It's a great tool and can provide a workout equivalent to jogging, with a high heart rate added to the weight training.

Top Bottom