Kettler Alurad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yolliedolly

Hi
About 25 years ago my Kettler got stolen. It was replaced with something very cheap and cheerful and not memorable that also got stolen. Then I had a child and was not confident enough to navigate central London with the babe on the back - or the front - so was without a bike. Then I got another cheap and cheerful bike - a Trek, but it was not the right size for me in that my back felt kind of squished with the seat as far back as it would go. I am now after another second hand Kettler (step through style) but other than Fleabay and other market sites, is there a bike shop that anyone knows of which might be able to help - or any other source I should try? They seem to be a bit like hen's teeth. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Hi
About 25 years ago my Kettler got stolen. It was replaced with something very cheap and cheerful and not memorable that also got stolen. Then I had a child and was not confident enough to navigate central London with the babe on the back - or the front - so was without a bike. Then I got another cheap and cheerful bike - a Trek, but it was not the right size for me in that my back felt kind of squished with the seat as far back as it would go. I am now after another second hand Kettler (step through style) but other than Fleabay and other market sites, is there a bike shop that anyone knows of which might be able to help - or any other source I should try? They seem to be a bit like hen's teeth. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Hello and welcome Yolliedolly.
Kettler is not a make I know anything about.
Are they a make form mainland Europe, Germany perhaps? I see there is one in Canterbury on fleabay.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133790606511?hash=item1f268aa4af:g:8CQAAOSwW4FgygVl

Cycleops

Legendary Member
There are plenty of alternatives to Ketler if want a step through with an aluminium frame. I see plenty down here but they come mostly from Europe, I don’t think you’ll find many in the U.K. if that’s where you are. There’s nothing very special about Ketler bikes, there have been a few domestic alternatives like this Dawes Red Feather I found on Gumtree for £150.

OP
OP
Yolliedolly

Yolliedolly

There are plenty of alternatives to Ketler if want a step through with an aluminium frame. I see plenty down here but they come mostly from Europe, I don’t think you’ll find many in the U.K. if that’s where you are. There’s nothing very special about Ketler bikes, there have been a few domestic alternatives like this Dawes Red Feather I found on Gumtree for £150.

View attachment 594393
Thank you I'll look into Dawes option. What was special about Kettler for me was that it fitted how I ride and was super comfortable and so was kind of tried and tested!

Top Bottom