Keyboard cover.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

Trying to find a desktop keyboard that has silicone cover with it, cant find one that fits my keyboard so will need to buy both together but no where seems to sell them together.
Anyone no where I could find them?

Why a separate cover? Googling for waterproof keyboard gets a lot of hits, like

http://www.memory-map.co.uk/flexible-waterproof-keyboard-black/

young Ed

Veteran
out of interest why do you need waterproof keyboard?
only real application i could think of is a computer in control of a dairy milking parlour (reads an electronic collar on each cow and stores data about how much milk each one gives and any illnesses etc) as these are often a a dirty room that isn't all that dry always (the farm i was at today has the computer in the same room as the industrial karcher steam cleaner/pressure washer right next to the milking parlour)
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
U

User6179

only real application i could think of is a computer in control of a dairy milking parlour (reads an electronic collar on each cow and stores data about how much milk each one gives and any illnesses etc) as these are often a a dirty room that isn't all that dry always (the farm i was at today has the computer in the same room as the industrial karcher steam cleaner/pressure washer right next to the milking parlour)
Cheers Ed

Just easier to clean and if you spill stuff it stops damage , I have went through a few keyboards and a laptop over the years spilling stuff on them
Been in a milking parlour before , the cows look huge when you are in an enclosed space with them , quite scary if your not used to it .:unsure:

stephec

Legendary Member
Cheers Ed
Wipe clean. :thumbsup:

I'd have thought at your age you'd have known all about that. :smile:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I once spilled coffee over a keyboard and fried it as I was about to start a big group mission in a now defunct mmo ,doh!

OP
OP
U

User6179

[QUOTE 3424256, member: 9609"]It was the speed of the delivery that I'm impressed with[/QUOTE]

They Amazon drones are quick I tell you :thumbsup:

OP
OP
U

User6179

[QUOTE 3427211, member: 9609"]I was once trying to take a picture of a Tick, and it fell off my hand and disappeared inside the keyboard, hate the little things, for a few I used to feel all nervous when i was using the computer,[/QUOTE]

I found one buried into my thigh once , Hate them
upload_2014-12-16_0-46-53.jpeg

OP
OP
U

User6179

[QUOTE 3427214, member: 9609"]Is there any anti drone drones yet, sort of hunter killer drones that can protect your home from intruder drones with. I think it's going to be the next big thing, drone v drone warfare - I could really get into stuff like that[/QUOTE]

Could save lives if we just sent drones to fight other drones instead of soldiers .

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
With a regular keyboard, cleaning is easy, no matter what you pour into it.
Undo the six or eight screws on the back and separate the top and bottom casings. The top casing comes off with all the keys and no electronics usually. You can wash the top/keys in the sink with some washing up liquid, rinse it, and hang it on the washing line to dry. You may need to wipe the rubber membrane between the top and bottom casings with a damp cloth but that's no big deal. Reassembly is the reverse etc etc.

OP
OP
U

User6179

With a regular keyboard, cleaning is easy, no matter what you pour into it.
Undo the six or eight screws on the back and separate the top and bottom casings. The top casing comes off with all the keys and no electronics usually. You can wash the top/keys in the sink with some washing up liquid, rinse it, and hang it on the washing line to dry. You may need to wipe the rubber membrane between the top and bottom casings with a damp cloth but thats no big deal. Reassembly is the reverse etc etc.

I tried that before but never got the keyboard to work again , I did dry it with a hair dryer so not sure if it was that which damaged it.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I tried that before but never got the keyboard to work again , I did dry it with a hair dryer so not sure if it was that which damaged it.
I'm sorry to hear that. The traumas to my keyboards are mainly coffee and beer spills, together with some peanut shrapnel. All these tend to make the keys stick a bit. Washing the top casing has always worked for me. It just frees-up the mechanicals. It's important to re-align the rubber membrane between the top and bottom casings correctly before you put it back together.

Top Bottom