Keygos KE1 - Budget front light/torch (XML-T6)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 20519

Both of the lights seem to get good reviews and are around the same price. Hmm, which one...? ;)

wisdom

Guru
Just to add another question to this excellent descriptive thread.
Does anyone know of any lights that would fit on the rear stays to run in conjunction with my cateye main rear light.I was behind a bike the other night and they really stood out.The bike in front was going too fast to catch to ask the question.
My commute is on partly unlit roads so any extra lights are useful.I would like to mount them at mid point.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Intro and Pictures

I ordered the Keygos from this eBay listing, from Hong Kong, for £20 - ...

KE1%20Photo.JPG

are the batteries standard AA size?

OP
OP
HovR

HovR

Über Member
are the batteries standard AA size?

No, the batteries are 18650 lithium batteries, which are a bit larger than AA's.

AAAvsAAvs18650.jpg

The slightly smaller of the 18650's is without the protection circuit, hence the size difference. The ones which came with my torch were of the protected variety.

OP
OP
HovR

HovR

Über Member
With the need for lights increasing in the next few months I thought I'd just post an update on this light, and it's still going strong! I bought a second one as I liked it so much, so I now have a high beam and a dipped beam, which is really convenient so as not to dazzle cars. Haven't had any water ingress at all.

A quick tip for batteries, if you have any dead Li-ion laptop batteries around, these normally contain 5 or 6 18650 cells, the same type as this light takes, and most times only 1 or 2 cells are dead. Carefully open up the battery (should probably be wearing gloves and eye protection for this, and do it somewhere non-flammable), and you have ~4 more high quality cells for your light.

Here's a link to a new listing for anyone interested, the Ultrafire version.

I've also just ordered one of these lights for a bit of fun, so will probably post a review up on here after a bit of testing!

Top Bottom