Kids helmets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
My daughters helmet keeps slipping off even though it’s the right range of size. It was expensive but never tried on and must be for the wrong shaped head.
Her circumference is 50.5 cm.
I had a look on eBay & found people selling helmets which are 10 years old!
I think I’ll have to go into a shop & try some on.

My daughters helmet keeps slipping off even though it’s the right range of size. It was expensive but never tried on and must be for the wrong shaped head.
Her circumference is 50.5 cm.
I had a look on eBay & found people selling helmets which are 10 years old!
I think I’ll have to go into a shop & try some on.
you can find many other stores on the internet , or go to a local one to get the right size

Last edited:
That's roughly the same size as my bonce. I use a Bell Paradox in medium, which I think cost me £30.

Either Halfords or Decathlon, I guess - they both have a decent range. Definitely get her to try them on in person though, as different brands do have different fits. I'm in that overlap between large kids lids and medium adult ones, which means there should be plenty of options for someone with a similar-sized head to me.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
That's roughly the same size as my bonce. I use a Bell Paradox in medium, which I think cost me £30.

Either Halfords or Decathlon, I guess - they both have a decent range. Definitely get her to try them on in person though, as different brands do have different fits. I'm in that overlap between large kids lids and medium adult ones, which means there should be plenty of options for someone with a similar-sized head to me.
Just been to Halfords. We tried some on and a Disney one actually fit the best which was more oval shaped. The lad added the wife’s blue light discount to my British cycling discount too which was nice.

Drago

Legendary Member
Make sure the side adjusters are snug under each earlobe, and you can only just get 2 fingers inside the strap. If you've already ticked those 2 boxes then it may be a poor fit for the shape of their head rsther than a size issue.

Top Bottom