Kill the Pidgeon?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Quick bit of advice needed.
Our dogs have just been into the garden and found a pidgeon that has been attacked or picked up an injury and is bleeding from the lower chest.
I have rescued it from the dogs, but dont know what to do with it now.
Do I wring its neck and put it out of its misery or what? :blush:

Tetedelacourse

Use it in an avatar and then kill it.

lifeson said:
Quick bit of advice needed.
Our dogs have just been into the garden and found a pidgeon that has been attacked or picked up an injury and is bleeding from the lower chest.
I have rescued it from the dogs, but dont know what to do with it now.
Do I wring its neck and put it out of its misery or what? :blush:

Kill it immediately. It's not going to survive in the wild with a major injury and could take a long time to die.

buggi

Bird Saviour
The vets will do it for free as it's wild.

terry huckle

My cat is always catching small animals which are beyond hope by the time I get to them.....innumerable mice, birds, frogs, and a rat. I`m getting quite expert at putting the poor things out of their misery.

Abitrary

Get it done with yourself. You don't need to ring the vet.

Wring its neck with a *very* strong, long and sharp twisting motion. You want to feel something like an elastic band snapping. Try it on a chicken wing first to get the taste for it if you're scared.

Don't try drowning it, or banging it's head because the eyes won't close properly, and you might end up feeling sorry for it and try and revive it... blah... blah.. and so on

graham56

Guru
Yeah neck it, its the only way but not to hard as they have a habit of coming off in your hand- (the birds head i mean)

Top Bottom