Kinda done :-/

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I wanted to tick another one of the Bucket List but I don't think I did :-/
I left Lands End the other week and for a change in a slightly improving health. I think the sea air done me good. But it started to go bad after that as the pollen was killing me I just got slower and slower. After the 3rd day circa 300 miles I just about threw up a few times and never slept a wink with an aching stomach. So on the 4th day I had to get in the car. I got back on the bike the 5th day but the 6th was a repeat of the 4th. I did get back on the bike for the last 3 days. I was finally beginning to feel human but unfortunately I had to get back to work or a cycle to my parents in Fife would have been on :-/

To sum up I did cycle from LE to JOG but two days were in a car so I feel like a fraud :-/

snorri

Legendary Member
That was tough, but you have time to try again:okay:.

Slick

Guru
Tough one, not something that I suffer with but I can imagine it being a nightmare. Still lots of opportunity to try again later in the year.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Not a fraud at all, I've seen the pictures: wow is an understatement!
You have all the time in the world to do it again, maybe next time in autumn?
Pollen allergy on a long bike ride is not good.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Don't be daft. You still did way more miles that most of us can dream of. Just look on it as a trial run :okay:

I'm blessed not to suffer with hay fever but have seen the state some folk get in with it. :hugs:

I did wonder about the missing days on Strava but that explains it. Still, several 100 mile or more rides with hayfever making your life miserable is not to be underestimated, in fact, it makes the achievement of what you did do, greater and I stand by my Kudos and Nice one comment. I enjoyed the photos too

Top Bottom