Kinesis racelight tk2 commuter update...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

runner

Guru
I have ridden this bike for the last 2 1/2 years and have notched up nearly 7000 miles (did not change the gatorskin hardshell until 6000 miles...they lasted quite a while!) It is one of two bikes I use (the latest being the equilibrium stainless steel) and I can honestly say I love riding the Kinesis.....This evening I completed another 12 mile home commute and the bike handles beautifully...steady and sure on descents....agressive and powerful when I need it on ascents. It is equipped with veloce group set and I had it built with a carbon fork, as I do not enjoy carrying a pack on my back the tubus rack is a neat (expensive but worth it) addition. The bike has clearance for mudguards and can hope with up to 28mm tyres...although I ride with hardshell 25's. I would not hesitate to recommend the Kinesis to any keen commuter/sportive enthusiast...I just love it and will keep alternating between it and the new equilibrium...anyone else got a kinesis out there (photo?)...love to know what you think...
tk2.jpg

Im on my third Kinesis, the Scandium failed after 25,000 miles (3 and a bit years) but I loved the bike so much I transferred the bits to a new Ti framed Kinesis and I built a T2 Kinesis for commuting just before Christmas done 1,300 miles on it and love it :-)

Venod

Eh up
Now with guards, for winter use, I was running 25mm tyres with the guards but they were very close so changed to 23mm,its a great ride and is responsible for quite a few of my KOM's, I built it with Shimano 105 gearing/shifters, Planet X brakes, wheels, seat, bars, stem. its covered a lot of miles & still going strong. I have now flipped the stem giving a slightly lower postion on the bars..

R0010193.JPG

OP
OP
runner

runner

Guru
Now with guards, for winter use, I was running 25mm tyres with the guards but they were very close so changed to 23mm,its a great ride and is responsible for quite a few of my KOM's, I built it with Shimano 105 gearing/shifters, Planet X brakes, wheels, seat, bars, stem. its covered a lot of miles & still going strong. I have now flipped the stem giving a slightly lower postion on the bars..

View attachment 77786
looking good Afnug:thumbsup:

davester65

Growing Old is Compulsory...Growing Up is Optional
I'm currently in the process of upgrading my 2011 Decade Convert 2, will post a current pic over the weekend, in the meantime here's how the frame looked fresh out of the box 3 years ago.

IMG_0061.JPG

davester65

Growing Old is Compulsory...Growing Up is Optional
Here's my Decade Convert 2 in the middle of some winter upgrades, just over 3 years old, i guess i've done 2000+ km's on it, i believe this is the same frame as the Racelight with different rear dropouts. I thought about selling it last year when i bought my Orro Carbon, but i love riding it too much to sell it, so i'm building it up as a Winter Bike.

IMAG0916.jpg

OP
OP
runner

runner

Guru
G
Just picked up a Kinesis Racelight T2 from 'Merlin cycles', they are selling them for £719.95.

Racelight-T2.jpg
great bike great price

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'm looking at the Racelight T2 as a new winter/wet weather bike. Currently £650 at Fat Birds :okay:
Any owners out there tell me if it suffers from toe overlap at all with the mudguards fitted? Was hoping to try one out, but there are no local stockists :blush:

john59

Guru
I'm riding a 51 cm frame which does have toe overlap, but so does my Van Nicholas, I've never found it a problem.

Top Bottom