Kirk Precision Road Frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hockinsk

I'm after a 1988/89 Kirk Precision road frame like below. Usually they are in white with blue or red graphics and only in one size. Condition not important, but must not be broken or missing anything.

kirks_008b.jpg

Sandra6

Veteran
Sorry to ressurect a very very old thread, but I had a play with a kirk maverick today. Like this, but built for off-road. Unfortunately it was condemned, but it was interesting.

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
Sorry to ressurect a very very old thread, but I had a play with a kirk maverick today. Like this, but built for off-road. Unfortunately it was condemned, but it was interesting.
9cd17c67_holy20thread20resurrection.jpg

Serious question, but what would the proposed benefit be of this frame design?

I've sat looking at it and frankly I can't see one.

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
Frakenbike alert! You certainly won't see many abominations like this one, thankfully xx(

Nick1b.jpg

More bikes HERE

IMO the frame is far more suited to this sort of a build,

Nick2b.jpg

theclaud

Openly Marxist

Interesting, you say! Dellzeqq of this parish has a Precision. He might even consider selling it!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I currently have a MTB-style Kirk frame lurking in the darker recesses of the BikeCave.
I really ought to get it built...

Chris-H

Über Member
I do like bikes you don't see many of, so in that regard I probably would too, but I just wondered why they went to the trouble really.
I really dont know either,were they ever a big seller?

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
I can't imagine so TBH.

Sandra6 started a separate thread on the subject HERE.

She wasn't very impressed by the one she tried, but to be fair it was later condemned anyway!

DTD

Veteran
My friend has a K-P road bike – he got it off eBay because it's unusual and interesting, though he does sometimes wishes it wasn't because if we ever go on a sportive 101 people collar him.

Kins

Über Member
Sheeeesh, I have to get one of these now, just because my real name is Kirk.

"Look Kirks riding his Kirk......" Well, maybe! :crazy:

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Sheeeesh, I have to get one of these now, just because my real name is Kirk.

"Look Kirks riding his Kirk......" Well, maybe! :crazy:

If I was you I would look at building a trike similar to this, so much more in keeping with your name, and you could order people to call you captain

412600_f520.jpg

Gary P

Über Member
These were known for a fairly high and dramatic failure rate with no notice I understand. The magnesium is prone to stress fracture then breakage. That's why they went bust!

Top Bottom