Kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

I seen Michael Knights 'Kit' the other day..

Complete with sweeper led light

Definately a head turner

Knightlogo.png

Melvil

Kit vied with 'Hal' from 2001: A space odyssey for the title of All-time campest computer voice.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
<pedant>

I believe it's KITT which stood for Knight Industries Two Thousand.

</pedant>

Nice car though, always wanted one when I was a young lad. Turbo boost?? I'll have me some of that!! :evil:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Alecetc - I'll see your 'Blakes 7' and raise you 'Space:1999'. I loved it when I was a sprog. I saw some a few weeks ago. The acting is more wooden than Thunderbirds.
And KITT was a better actor than the Hoff any day of the week.
*hides*

Mr Pig

They must have wrecked some cars on that show.

About 300 General Lees!

They used a few Kitt's too. The one that was/is owned by 'Cars Of The stars' in Keswick is the one that David Hasselhoff kept after they'd finished recording the show, he used to drive around in it! Peter Nelson bought it off him, presumably after The Hoff got bored with it, and it might've been this car you saw.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

I reckon it was a make up of it.

It was an american car, big slow chug engine type of sound, black, a bit scruffy, with a bloke in it and some old woman ho looked like she was getting a lift by her son.

Though you could not miss the sweeping LED.

I just think it was project type of situation rather than what you point out Pig - though you never know, you could be correct ! :angry:

Mr Pig

yenrod said:
I reckon it was a make up of it.

A lot of these cars look quite rubbish when you see them close up. If you ever get the chance to visit 'Cars Of The Stars' you should go. It's really interesting. They have far more cars than they can display at any one time so they rotate them. I've been a few times so I've seen lots of famous cars. I also visited the James Bond exhibition in Edinburgh before it closed.

http://www.carsofthestars.com/

The 'Back To The Future' Delorian is cool, close up you can see that it's lots of ordinary bits and pieces just bolted to it. Close up you can see that the rust on Del Trotter's van is painted on, as it would have to be as the van is fibreglass! ;0)

I really like the 'Mad Max' Interceptor. I just read on the 'Cars Of The Stars' website that a movie executive saw the customised car sitting on someone's driveway and bought it for use in the film. They didn't change anything on it, that's exactly the way it was when they bought it!

I think my favourite is 'The Munster's' Koach. What a brilliant car.

Mr Pig said:
A lot of these cars look quite rubbish when you see them close up. If you ever get the chance to visit 'Cars Of The Stars' you should go. It's really interesting. They have far more cars than they can display at any one time so they rotate them. I've been a few times so I've seen lots of famous cars. I also visited the James Bond exhibition in Edinburgh before it closed.

http://www.carsofthestars.com/

The 'Back To The Future' Delorian is cool, close up you can see that it's lots of ordinary bits and pieces just bolted to it. Close up you can see that the rust on Del Trotter's van is painted on, as it would have to be as the van is fibreglass! ;0)

I really like the 'Mad Max' Interceptor. I just read on the 'Cars Of The Stars' website that a movie executive saw the customised car sitting on someone's driveway and bought it for use in the film. They didn't change anything on it, that's exactly the way it was when they bought it!

I think my favourite is 'The Munster's' Koach. What a brilliant car.

i too like the interceptor, but after seeing a tv doc once, knew they did make changes, and it does mention further changes were made on the link you provide (sorry, had to make sure, thought i may have been wrong)

when i was a kid, i preferred street hawk to knight rider, but upon watching when grown up, its obvious that this was even worse than knight rider, with blatantly speeded up film used and terrible effects and storylines, you just cannot beat airwolf!!!

Top Bottom