Kittel having a rest...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well he's either magnificent or terrible, it's no surprise therefore to find that he struggles to be in the right place mentally and I hope it's just that and not something deeper. I contrast his 5 TdF wins with him being amongst the traffic back on open roads in the Tour Of Britain one year.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
For me he's got the power but everything has to be laid out for him.He seems to have lost his mojo so to speak.

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
The 3 greatest sprinters of the last decade - Cav, Kittel and Greipel all seem to be finished (for various reasons). It's a big shame, but, like anything in life, things move on and there's about 8 or 9 young guys ready to pick up the mantle.

Last edited:

dragon72

Guru
Mental health issues seem to be more prevalent in cycling than in other sports it seems. Thinking back to Victoria Pendleton too. And way back to Pantani
too. Lots of cases of fragile mental health in cycling sports. Or maybe it's just hidden more in other sports. They certainly do push their bodies and will power to limits that not many other sports come near. And all the while living off a diet of egg white and rabbit food too. Must be very tough. And these people live to win, and when they don't win so much anymore, it's got to hurt.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Mental health issues seem to be more prevalent in cycling than in other sports it seems. Thinking back to Victoria Pendleton too. And way back to Pantani
too. Lots of cases of fragile mental health in cycling sports. Or maybe it's just hidden more in other sports. They certainly do push their bodies and will power to limits that not many other sports come near. And all the while living off a diet of egg white and rabbit food too. Must be very tough. And these people live to win, and when they don't win so much anymore, it's got to hurt.
It could seem like that but I doubt it,I'm sure I remember reading cricket was one of the sports with the highest mental health problems.I don't think it's the sport of cycling itself,the good thing is when it can be talked about and help found.Hopefully Kittel will rest,get help and be back.

is he ????

Top Bottom