KMX Koyote?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jeffoi

I stalked ebay for around a year before I got my trike.

I got a relatively old ICE QNT 20" all round. I haven't noticed it being particularly slow, but I'm happy doing average 14mph. I'd say my top gear lets me do around 24mph on the flat

But hill climbing is a (slow)doddle.

I would say ICE are good for customer service even if your trike is second hand.

I second the comment that riding in heavy traffic not an issue, safety wise. Do have to sit in traffic sometimes,given the width of the trike... Can't just slip up the outside... I've had some wnkrs around my trike riding,passing too close etc, but I'm riding in greater Manchester and through Irlam town centre and such most often... Maybe less suburban/country than some people on here

Also bear in mind cycle gates and cycle parking can be a pain in the ass... I was lucky, all the gates on my way to work were fine (just), but my trike is narrow track. And I do have to get out of the trike for 2 of the gates (one kissing gate where I lift the back end and pole the boom under the bottom of the fence before singing the gate and backing out and one where the turn is too tight so I again lift the back end to get it round

Sorry. Probably wittering too much

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Speaking of trikes, I have a Sun(seeker) and it has three 20" wheels and I rather like it. It is a good basic recumbent, and, although it is a touring model, I find it very good and adaptable. I have never seen anything wrong with KMX, except, as mentioned upthread, the box girder construction does not lend well to some accessories. But I would browse the internet a bit more, and see what may be offered second-hand locally. I got my recumbent quite inexpensively and locally because "it took up too much space around here" and winter was coming. Prime time to shop for a boat or a recumbent is right about now.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Oh, and get a nice flag for the trike, because people driving tend not to see you. Lights would be useful, too. Fenders would be must-have, if not included. On a tadpole trike, I would heartily suggest SPD pedals, so your feet don't slip off the pedal. Because your leg could go under the cross-bar, causing you injury. One thing about my trike is that it can be adapted for nearly all sized people. I am 6'4", and my wife, who is 5'3", can also fit the trike, if she wanted to, or had interest in such things.

Top Bottom