Knee/Leg warmers, how do you wear yours?

Where does the top seam go?

• Right at the top, comfy and no slippage

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Just above the short’s seam, maximum coverage

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • In between somewhere

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Warmers and for softies, knees out year round or bibtights.

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Svendo

Guru
I’ve always worn my warmers with the top ‘at the top’ I.e. in the crease at the top of my thigh. Even when I had muscular thighs I’d get slippage otherwise.
Leg warmers seem to be designed that way but knee warmers vary in length and I can’t get on with shorter ones.
What’s your practice and why?

Alex321

Veteran
At this time of year, I don't, just shorts.

In winter, I wear leg warmers with the top just above (and inside) the cuff of the shorts. Never had any slippage, possibly because the cuff of the shorts holds them in place.

Arm warmers, on the other hand, slip often, and I don't currently have any short sleeved jersey with a tight enough cuff to really hold them

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Both my shorts and warmers have grippy bits so there is no slippage. I simply have an inch overlap (warmers inside shorts).

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Longs in winter, spring and autumn, shorts in summer for me. Leg warmers are a sort of half way house I've never found a need for.

Arm warmers on the other ... er ... hand, I use a lot.

tyred

Legendary Member
It's time plus fours came back into fashion.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Good point. I thought someone would mention that. This was when I was in the UK.
Do you see footballers wearing knee warmers? You can imagine the derision they'd face if they did.

They are only out for 90 mins with a break at 45 mins. They don’t have to worry about wind chill. When they are moving they are generally working much harder.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Good point. I thought someone would mention that. This was when I was in the UK.
Do you see footballers wearing knee warmers? You can imagine the derision they'd face if they did.

Um ... yeah, I think I have.
I'm no footie fan but I'm sure I've seen footballers on TV wearing longs. I derided them.

Top Bottom