Knee update again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
So back from Chap Allerton Hospital.Got the results from Novembers MRI scan .It shows tiny tears and wear and tear.First treatment is rest and exercises while mid Feb .Trying to stop swelling .If this does not work another op is on the cards .No volunteering for the time being .Cycling is allowed it's good for the joint .So i can now see a few slow trips out .Very soon .Not been out since November .So the way back has started .And the op is a nothing really .This will be the fourth .And the right knee is perfect .It's being off the bike for weeks thats the killer .It means everything to me .It's a social thing meeting people and cafe stops .:biggrin:

sparty69

So back from Chap Allerton Hospital.Got the results from Novembers MRI scan .It shows tiny tears and wear and tear.First treatment is rest and exercises while mid Feb .Trying to stop swelling .If this does not work another op is on the cards .No volunteering for the time being .Cycling is allowed it's good for the joint .So i can now see a few slow trips out .Very soon .Not been out since November .So the way back has started .And the op is a nothing really .This will be the fourth .And the right knee is perfect .It's being off the bike for weeks thats the killer .It means everything to me .It's a social thing meeting people and cafe stops .:biggrin:

Sorry to hear about your troubles postman. Hope everything goes OK. I can appreciate knee problems. I had a cartilage tear in my left knee in 1999 and had to have a big chunk removed. I now suffer from arthritis in that knee. I have tried various forms of exercise since, but they all seemed to trouble my knee. I've only just discovered cycling and I find it is brilliant for my knee, no problems at all. I know what you mean about being off the bike. I'm now addicted to cycling and try and get out as much as I can. Take care and all the best.

Top Bottom