Knee warmers...Confused!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi, I'm very tempted to get a set of knee warmers (cheap and cheerful will do the job), as it's just getting a bit too nippy for shorts in the mornings, but then to warm for longs later on.

However, I'm very confused by the sizing, as they only appear to come in s,m,l,xl, etc. but then there is no actual measurements as to what that corresponds to (in fact the few where there is a measurement, none of them appear to be anywhere near my leg measurements). Plus, they appear to be unisex, which makes it even harder as for example I would be a small in a man's top, but do women have bigger legs than men or would I still be a small?

Can anybody help please? Or any suggestions for a decent cheap pair?

Domestique

Über Member
Not sure if this is in your price range, £13
I have often used Impsport for kneewarmers. On me they seem to be almost a 'top of the leg + knee' warmer rather than just a knee.
A good range of sizes for men and women.
http://www.impsport.com/direct/index.php

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I suspect that you would be a small, unless you have very thick legs... men are generally more muscular...

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
domtyler said:
PP, you are a medium.

You are sounding very confident!!! How do you know if my legs are treetrunk or beanstalk???:biggrin::blush:

P.S. Those Impsport ones look good, but there seems to be a problem with the website...it won't let me log in although I have registered, and every time I put something in my basket and go to checkout it then tells me my basket is empty! :-(

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
Right, got it to work, didn't seem to like aol, but worked fine on IE...very odd, but hey...

Went for the women's medium in the end, all my shorts are a that size as well, so it should hopefully be ok... Only found out at the end that delivery can take up to 21 days tho, so it might be way too cold to actually use them by then! Heyho, we shall see.... :evil:

Domestique

Über Member
Only found out at the end that delivery can take up to 21 days tho,

Sorry to hear that. Everything I have ordered from them is normally there within 5 days.
Anyway, sometimes the best things take time :smile: :evil:

trio25

Über Member
I wear medium in kneewarmers. I think a lot of girls have wider legs than the beanstalk men that bike gear is made for!

Maz

Guru
punkypossum said:
Hi, I'm very tempted to get a set of knee warmers (cheap and cheerful will do the job), as it's just getting a bit too nippy for shorts in the mornings, but then to warm for longs later on...
I know what you mean.

I just bought some dhb legwarmers (I guess longer versions of the knee warmers) and wore them for the first time today.

Not ever having worn stockings before (!) I found that the thigh elastic just rode down to just above my knees when walking in them or cycling. I think I need to hoik them right up to near my groin to get them to stay put and not slide down my legs. Will try that on the way home tonight. Either that or my thighs are too chunky.

Anyways, mine were only £13 from Wiggle and are nice n warm with a fleecy lining. I dare say the knee warmers will be cheaper.

jimboalee

Tubigauze and Ralgex. Pop down your local hospital and chat up a nurse.

It works on a Pitcher's elbow, and it also works on a cyclist's knees.

Top Bottom