Knight's of Wolverhampton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Picked this up today. Full Reynolds 531 lifeless frame with some nice bits.

IMG_20171029_153453382.jpg

Unsure of age but have asked the lady I got it from to ask her granddad .

IMG_20171029_153511040.jpg

Got a nice layer of dust and grease so hopefully should clean up ok .
IMG_20171029_153504440.jpg

Spokes are a bit tarnished but hoping they will clean up a bit .

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
So 27" mavic red label rims large flange shimano hubs,dura ace rr mech , shimano bar end changer , ta single ring chainset , cinelli stem , sr pantographed bars and a Brooks professional saddle.

IMG_20171029_155153471.jpg
IMG_20171029_153523016.jpg
IMG_20171029_153500247.jpg
IMG_20171029_153516999.jpg

Last edited:

midlife

Guru
Nice looking bike but what an oddity. Lugless but with bits of lug on the head tube, seat stay caps meant to join either side of the seat lug but joined into the seat bolt area, vertical dropouts but with generous spaces and no mudguard eyes.

SR Road champ bars with drillings not common :smile:

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
How on earth do you keep turning up these gems.Never seen one before but it's very nice.

Thanks this was a Facebook stumble upon

Knights were around from early/mid 70s (?). I worked in cycle shops in Stafford and it is where we sent resprays to.

I remember them from when we lived in Kidderminster in the early 80's as one of regular ctc members rode one

Nice looking bike but what an oddity. Lugless but with bits of lug on the head tube, seat stay caps meant to join either side of the seat lug but joined into the seat bolt area, vertical dropouts but with generous spaces and no mudguard eyes.

SR Road champ bars with drillings not common :smile:

Somebody's personal taste i should think

wisdom

Guru
Thanks this was a Facebook stumble upon

I remember them from when we lived in Kidderminster in the early 80's as one of regular ctc members rode one

Somebody's personal taste i should think
Any old bike I stumble across or go to look at is usually A BSO wreck i was hopeful of an old raleigh last week from a lady at work she said its been in the shed for years.Had a look shed roof had been leaking so she covered it with cardboard.Well years of soggy cardboard laying over an 80's cheapo raleigh meant there was just nothing left to salvage.Now I like a challenge but this was beyond any restoration

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Any old bike I stumble across or go to look at is usually A BSO wreck i was hopeful of an old raleigh last week from a lady at work she said its been in the shed for years.Had a look shed roof had been leaking so she covered it with cardboard.Well years of soggy cardboard laying over an 80's cheapo raleigh meant there was just nothing left to salvage.Now I like a challenge but this was beyond any restoration

Sounds like my Rudge

wisdom

Guru
Sounds like my Rudge
No the rudge is worth doing this wasnt.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
A bit of parts bin searching has found a selection of down tube cable guides and single gear lever's .

This will enable me to tidy the cabling up a bit .

Hopefully this week should see the wheels being cleaned up and refitted.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Progress has been slow on this one .

IMG_20171107_061054497.jpg

But managed to get in the garage this morning and refit the Shimano Dura ace rear mechanism after its soaking in paraffin and gave it a wipe round to remove the softened up crud .

IMG_20171107_061122739.jpg

I also started on cleaning the rear hub , rim and spokes . Not sure yet but i think i might end up having the wheels re spoked as they are rather oxidised .

Top Bottom