knitting puzzle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
As most of you will know by now, I've taken to knitting in a big way recently. It's good therapy.. Anyway...

I bought a knitting magazine on Monday (yes, it's that bad, but I mainly bought it for the free 20mm needles), and saw a reference to a pattern to knit something, on the web. So I looked it up and it looked good, and I thought "That will make a hilarious present for my friend, because she's a bit of a fan of....". So I printed the pattern, and yesterday, feeling groggy with cold, I went home and knitted it (scaling the pattern down to half size incidentally, difficult when there are odd numbers of stitches). I still have a little bit to do, but I've done the main bit, and when I'd sewed up the seam, and turned it right side out, it was so funny and so incongruous in knitted form, that I laughed out loud.

So, have a guess. What have I knitted? I'll finish it tonight, and post a photo when someone guesses right.... But you have to promise not to tell my friend, as it's a Christmas present...

abchandler

Brad Pitt

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
I don't want to make it too easy...

I'm off now, to get some shopping and then home to finish it off (the shopping and the knitted item are unrelated - it's just that I've run out of milk). If no-one's guessed by tomorrow, I'll think of a clue...

abchandler

A bit of sleuthing suggests that it comes from the Lets Knit magazine. If the shelf stacker in Tesco's hadn't looked so scary I'd even have opened up the sealed plastic wallet it was in on the shelf to have a browse for a likely website

Top Bottom