1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knock me da'n wiv a fev'er!

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by frog, 13 Sep 2007.

1. frog

frog Guest

The frogette and me have had a long week end in the West Country. So, there we are at the Eden Project and sweating like pigs in the Tropical Rain Forest dome. It 'aint 'arf 'ot Mum! I'm taking in the biofuels exhibit and I can hear Ray Mears' voice exlaining the exhibit. 'Nice touch' thinks me, getting Ray to do a commentary on the exhibits. Turns around and the man, himself, in person, is stood right behind me giving this bloke a personal tour of the place. :smile:

Wonder how much that cost :ohmy:

2. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

I sat next to a bloke on the plane from Exeter to Malaga in July who's good mates with Ray Mears. Apparantly on his return from BBC postings to the wilderness after showing his skill on surviving on whatever 'food' is available, old Ray invades the nearest McDonalds with great gusto! :smile:

3. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

Yebbut, he probably butchers the cattle himself, with his barehands, out the back of the shop & makes the mince himself by chewing on the raw meat...

.. he's well'ard, that Ray Mears.

4. Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke Jaffa Cake monster

Are you suggesting that the Big M actually uses any cows in the production of their burgers....

that's slander ain't it??? :smile:

5. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

I had to laugh when we had the last major foot and mouth / mad cow disease scare. The maccadees down the road from us had a big banner saying "NO BRITISH BEEF IN OUR BURGERS".
    I didn't think their burgers had ever contained any beef, British or not.

6. Careful : this is a libel...and the Big M is very litigious !

Actually McD do use the finest high-quality prime beef.
    - what puzzles me is by what process they manage to tranform it into their bl**dy awful burgers !

7. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

:smile: :ohmy: :biggrin: :biggrin: :sad:

8. Putting it another way...

Medieval alchemists strove to turn base metals like lead into gold

McD have succeeded in turning best prime beef into sh*te

9. Twenty Inch

Twenty Inch New Member

:smile:
    Well, anyone can do that. Usually after ingesting it though, not before

10. Pete

Pete Guest

All is made clear here. Well, as clear as it will ever be made. Read some of the questions :smile::biggrin::biggrin:.