Knockoff oakley

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Got some from the uk £10 posted apparently the lenses have been tested by optical express as this guy sells them as a business, no idea if that is true, i never asked he just said it but to be honest im only planning on using them twice so ill take the risk.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
I've got some old Dewalt safety glasses, lightly smoked a bit like these
http://www.tuffshop.co.uk/dewalt-re...-75117-p.asp?gclid=CLb347LhzcUCFWbKtAodcmcAow
I've used them back to back with my Oakley Flak jacket and I'll be buggered if I can tell much difference other than the Oakleys are slightly darker. At least the Dewalt's are fit for purpose in terms of proper lenses and stones flying about (as opposed to knock offs) and it's not going to make you cry if you stand on them.

Last edited:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Got some from the uk £10 posted apparently the lenses have been tested by optical express as this guy sells them as a business, no idea if that is true, i never asked he just said it but to be honest im only planning on using them twice so ill take the risk. View attachment 89153 View attachment 89154 View attachment 89155
Why are you only using them twice ?
Once going to a fancy dress party dressed as a cyclist and then again on the way home ?

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Sorry I meant wanting them for Just two races if they last then then im happy, will probably use then all the time though

Just to be clear, the dangers from knock-off glasses may only become apparent after years or even decades. If a pair glasses blocks visible light but lets in UV light, it can be much worse for your eyes than no glasses at all. Your irises will dilate because of the low visible light level, letting much more UV light bathe the rear of the eye including the retina. This can lead to macula degeneration. Also, the UV light can damage cornea and lens and lead to cataracts, and the glasses may reduce glare to the point you don't look away from potentially damaging light.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Depends how much value you place on your eyesight...do you really want glasses that lance Armstrong would have worn?!
But they were also worn by wiggins, cavendish, niballi, contador, aru, uran uran........just cause lance wore them, shouldnt be a reason not to buy or trek, nike etc etc would go out of business

But as others above have said, make sure they have the correct levels of UV protection

Citius

I've had two pairs of fake oakleys - both now in the bin having broken, both at the nose bridge. Not worth it at any price.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
I've had two pairs of fake oakleys - both now in the bin having broken, both at the nose bridge. Not worth it at any price.
Shame on you, I thought you were an upstanding member of the CC community!

Top Bottom