Koga, E World Traveller

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Yes I have and it is excellent.

I looked at the Koga World Traveller when I was looking for an E bike. I decided against it as I already have a World Traveller and I do not like external batteries.

I bought a Moustache Friday 28.7 instead and would certainly suggest that Slick has a look at that as it is a super bike with a range of about 120km. I cannot fault it and have ridden about 1000km on it since I bought it in the summer.

Thanks, I've obviously heard of them but never really considered them before. I will definitely take a look to compare now you have recommended them. 👍

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
I'm very interested in the regular one - the geometry seems spot on, i.e., slightly longer top tube than drop bar bikes, but nothing like an MTB; high-ish stack but not too high; long chainstay, etc. Looks like this one has the same geometry. But where can you buy them in the UK?

As @vickster says, Cycle Sense in Tadcaster are the sole UK dealer for Koga bikes.
https://www.cyclesense.co.uk/

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Spanner-works interface?

Is it the right time to buy an e-bike for life (or at least a very long time) or will batteries/range improve rather like electric cars have done in a remarkably short period of time?

Asking, not knowing.

Jameshow

Veteran
I would think about what charging network is available in the areas you want to go?

Some sites have dedicated charging points for specific brands of battery. Bosch comes to mind.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Spanner-works interface?

Is it the right time to buy an e-bike for life (or at least a very long time) or will batteries/range improve rather like electric cars have done in a remarkably short period of time?

Asking, not knowing.

Its a fair point as electric car batteries are supposed to make huge improvements next year.

I always think, no matter what or when you buy, it remains current for about 5 minutes and as long as you are comfortable with that, you can't go wrong. I wouldn't buy anything otherwise.

Still a fair point and is probably the biggest stumbling block to biting the bullet and buying an electric car. Same conundrum just higher stakes.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
I would think about what charging network is available in the areas you want to go?

Some sites have dedicated charging points for specific brands of battery. Bosch comes to mind.

Mrs Slick has the bosch battery and it just gets charged from a normal outlet.

Top Bottom